Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stop the spanish ads on english language chosen content!!!!

Bullsh*t! Stop playing Spanish ads.

RanaR
Reel Rookie

That makes sense. I usually just try to expand my Spanish vocabulary when they air but for those it clearly bothers at least they know to take it up with the individual channels. 

0 Kudos
Cyntaur52

I see it on the Roku Channel, so I am reporting it. This has been happening for the past several months. Roku is responsible for the Roku channel, so Roku needs to fix the issue.

RanaR
Reel Rookie

Interesting. That’s one of the few channels I’ve not had any Spanish language commercials on. 

0 Kudos

I'm unsubscribing from all paid content because of this & going forward I'll never purchase Roku products again. Keep track of advertisers who do this. Enough is enough. 

Jerrylopez
Reel Rookie

If I want Spanish ads I would learn Spanish and move to Mexico. Since there are no more Mexicans left in Mexico as they are all over here I can convert the language to English !

Void

I can’t stand it either. All tv services have required add channels for external languages outside of ENGLISH in the United States. I don’t want to learn a different language through tv. It’s redundant and annoying. 100% represent. Over it. Truthfully cultural integration is based off where you are not where you came from. This is the newcomers responsibility to learn the countries language predominantly spoken, not try to change a country that has existed before them.

timb60

It's all about the money. These streaming channels don't give a flying **bleep** about the people that PAY to watch the programs. This is nothing but disrespect to all English speaking subscribers and it's getting worse everyday. To put this in perspective what if they targeted African Americans by putting only programming that spoke native African language that they can't understand. We're all being used by advertising companies that we don't care about in the first place. What we do care about is our cash being used in a way that favors them and gives the rest of us a big🖕

SD84

I agree they are annoying. This is America people we speak ENGLISH ! If I was in Mexico then I would understand it and I would have to learn the language, but I’m NOT so cut this **bleep** out! If you don’t know ENGLISH learn it! 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We can understand your concern about the Spanish ads that you are seeing on the Roku device. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We understand that the ads displayed may not always meet everyone's preferences or expectations. However, we make efforts to ensure that offensive images and content that may be disagreeable to Roku users are avoided.

We'd be more than willing to further review this commercial concern you've mentioned. May we know where you are seeing the Spanish ads? Is it from a specific channel or inside The Roku Channel? Since when have you been facing this issue? If possible, kindly provide us with the name of the commercial and give us further information about it so we can assess your concern better.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.