Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sacoffey

NFL network not loading when logging in with tv provider

I keep getting a 403 error forbidden with nfl network on my Roku devices. All of them. I have uninstalled the app and restarted the Roku. I know it has to be specific to Roku because my Amazon Firestick loaded it up no problem  

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: NFL network not loading when logging in with tv provider

Hi  @sacoffey

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the NFL channel is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to NFL support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos
SavorenC

Re: NFL App: Issue with TV Provider login

Here we go again. I am unavailable to log into NFL network with my TV provider. I keep getting a message saying “This content requires a TV Provider subscription with access to NFLN” I delete this app, restarted my Roku and reinstalled NFL app and I keep getting the same message. Now what should I try? 

tommy5725
Binge Watcher

Yeah, same here. I am signed in with Dish Network as my provider and it still tells me I need to be subscribed. So I went and then logged in as well with my Paramount plus login and it tells me the same thing. So I uninstall the app and power cycled and rebooted, according to the directions here by going through the settings, and what not. And then I reinstalled the channel and it still showed me logged in with both providers. I tried this process a few times. I’m watching the game on my dish Netwerk set top box. I couldn’t be more frustrated with streaming. It is hot garbage I have been streaming since the very first Roku player was released. And has everybody’s transition towards it it’s gotten worse and worse. 

fgarfalo

Re: NFL App: Issue with TV Provider login

Same here. So frustrating. Works on PC, phone, just not my Roku. 

Ricwig

NFL Network not recognizing my subscription

On my Roku, after I open the NFL Network app and click on its content, I keep getting message “This content requires a tv provider subscription with access to NFLN.” Thru my provider I have this subscription. I can get this access on my computer or on my regular cable tv. My provider is Spectrum. What can I do to get NFL Network and/or Roku to recognize this? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tommy5725

Thanks for the post.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, we would recommend contacting the channel provider for further assistance regarding authenticating the channel. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
base957
Reel Rookie

These Roku devices are junk when it comes to streaming. NBCS and now NFLN not working even thought my Dish Newtwork subscription has both channels. I used to be able to stream content from both apps now nothing. Tried ALL the steps suggested just like others have done with no luck. Come on Roku you have a wonderful interface but garbage streaming services. Get with it!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @base957,

We are sorry for the experience. This is not what we aim for.

May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Also, upon exhausting troubleshooting steps and nothing's working, we'd recommend you reach out to the channel provider, as they may be aware of the issue and provide additional assistance with their channel's functionality.

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
base957
Reel Rookie

Done everything recommended in this and other threads: log out, uninstall app, reset TV, re-install app, check for updates, log back into app. Nothing works. You guys sound like a broken record telling people to preform these steps or contact the app developer. ITS NOT THE APPS. All the apps work on my phone, my iPad, my laptop. My Roku TV is the ONLY device they will not work.  I know it’s the Roku platform because these apps all worked before an update that pushed through on the TV in early November.  It’s all over these forums that users are having issues exactly like this and there is zero fix. Time for Roku to get this fixed for it’s faithful customers. 

0 Kudos