Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SiriusXM App won't open on my Roku

Jump to solution

@Birdie65 wrote:

I called Sirius XM and went through all the information, log-in, etc.  They told me to call ROKU.   

Nope, they're passing the buck. This isn't a Roku issue. SXM provides the channel, and they are the only ones that can support it. I tried it on my Premiere, and it fails as well. So they (SXM) mucked up their channel somehow, and they are going to have to fix it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Sirius XM closes out and Roku goes back to home screen right away. App won't open on either tv

Jump to solution

Only SXM can resolve the issue. Roku doesn't create channels for 3rd parties, and cannot provide any support for them. Only the channel developer can fix problems. SXM will have to fix it.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider, such as SiriusXM, adapts their app to run on the Roku operating system, provides it to Roku, and maintains it. The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels. For everything else, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

Because each platform (Roku, firestick, web application, etc.) has to have its own custom channel-provided version of the channel app, it's not unusual for one platform to exhibit a problem when another platform does not.

A "remove channel app / restart Roku / reinstall channel app" process (in that order, don't skip the "restart Roku" step) should get you a complete installation of the latest version of the channel app. This can fix things if the problem was caused by a corrupted, out of date, or incomplete installation of the app. If the problem then persists with that channel while other channels work without a hitch, it generally means there is a problem with the channel-provided app that only the channel provider can fix.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
largosunset
Reel Rookie

Re: Sirius app won’t load from home screen

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
mikegatto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem!  Started yesterday (12/12/2022) and continues today - tried update - system says I'm updated.  I tried disconnect Roku and re-attaching - that did nothing.

makaiguy

Jump to solution

Doing the same thing here.  Remove/Restart Roku/Reinstall does not fix for me. 

A "remove channel app / restart Roku / reinstall channel app" process (don't skip the "restart Roku" step) should get you a complete installation of the latest version of the channel app released by the channel developer.  This can fix things if the problem was caused by a corrupted, out of date, or incomplete installation of the app.  If the problem then persists with that channel while other channels work without a hitch, it generally means there is a problem with the channel-provided app that only the channel provider can fix.

SiriusXM Contact Page: https://www.siriusxm.com/contact-us

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
dncnbear7

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  I just went through the remove, restart and reinstall process, and no change.

I guess I'll try contacting Sirius, but, it is working on all my other devices, iPhone and both vehicles.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3. Have you tried getting the latest channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update? Then, restart your player.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@dncnbear7 wrote:
but, it is working on all my other devices, iPhone and both vehicles.

That really doesn't mean much from a troubleshooting standpoint.  The channel developer, in this case SiriusXM, must create a custom version of its app to run on the operating system used by each platform (Roku, firestick, web browser, etc.).  It's not uncommon for a problem to exist on one platform but not another, due to faulty programming of that version of the app.  The channel developer is the one that has to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
NanNora
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here. SiriusXM is playing on my other devices but not on Roku Device. Please help!

0 Kudos