Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGSA
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM App won't open on my Roku

Jump to solution

Sirius XM acknowledges the issue. They say Roku engineers are working on it...

Mac70

Jump to solution

yes my roku streambar is doing the same thing

MsYvonda

Re: Siriusxm is shutting down again.

Jump to solution

They’ve been blaming each other and dancing around for a couple years now. People **bleep** and write Roku, write SiriusXM, write everything imaginable on Reddit and the app will work for a bit and then sooner or late, we’re back at it again. It’s definitely Roku’s “issue” because my SiriusXM works great everywhere else I listen (car, phone, iPad) without glitch or issue. I got fed up today and ordered a Firestick MAX from BestBuy for $34.99 for the TV. Maybe I can keep my sanity. I listen to to SiriusXM (when it works) all day and night on my TCL Roku TV which has a great sound system attached, and can’t afford to buy a new TV, so Firestick it is.  I know I will never buy another dedicated Roku TV.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MsYvonda wrote:

It’s definitely Roku’s “issue” because my SiriusXM works great everywhere else I listen (car, phone, iPad) without glitch or issue. 

It's an issue on Roku, but it's not a Roku issue. It means nothing that it works elsewhere, because they all use a different method of accessing the data stream. You iPad (and probably phone) use iOS as the operating system. Your car of course has a satellite radio receiver. Roku uses a proprietary operating system, and the programming language used to create channels is not used on any other platform. So it can work on virtually any other device and have issues with Roku devices because it's a completely different application. Only SXM can fix problems with their channel. If it were an issue with the Roku OS, it wouldn't have suddenly started recently, as there hasn't been any Roku OS updates for at least a couple of weeks, depending on the specific hardware in question.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
MsYvonda

Jump to solution

I get what you’re saying Dan. Agreed. I stand corrected. It may not be Roku’s “issue” but it is their responsibility, as much as SiriusXM’s, to work together to fix the issue. They continuously pass the buck back and forth to each other. In the mean time, Roku loses a lot of customers who do not care/know to search Reddit forums for answers to issues. Like me, they just go buy someone else’s product to fix their issue and vow never to buy a Roku dedicated product again. I thank you for your kind explanation too! 😀

0 Kudos
gtkenne
Reel Rookie

Re: Sirius XM closes out and Roku goes back to home screen right away. App won't open on either tv

Jump to solution

same thing for me, started at 5:00 PM EST  on 12/12/2022.  version 3.3 build 73. works on

my laptop, car... just not on my roku, which is the one place i want it to work as i use a DAC

to output it through my stereo system

0 Kudos
NanNora
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Went through all the protocols of unplugging Roku, reconnecting, deleting SiriusXM App, reinstalling and still kicks me back out to the Home screen. I spent some time with SiriusXM tech support and have determined it to be a Roku problem. SiriusXM is still working on my other devices. At least, I know it's not just affecting my devices.

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

SXM will now launch.  Restarting it is a little sticky.  SXM shows channel 2 playing on the home screen which I never use so they must have defaulted that channel.  Exiting SXM with the back button a few times helps clear out whatever the appl is trying to restore from a previous "session". 

If SXM suddenly stops before it sends that something went wrong "some_content_metadata_not_loaded" message, press the pause button.  For the past few weeks, SXM stops before any messages are sent and pauses playback.  The pause button is a toggle and you can override SXM's toggle if you notice before they kick you out.

All of the problems started in May when SXM decided to tune the app to meet performance demands by kicking the user out of the app.  Current version is an improvement over the May install but I suspect they are still tuning the app to meet demand increases.   

P.S.  Added new error message example.

The message below is new as of a few weeks ago.  In past versions of the code, you would see a more generic error message after streaming too long.  You see this message after some predetermined amount of time streaming. 

The predetermined amount of streaming timing varies by day of the week and most likely geographic location--depending upon SXM's server optimization schema.   Otherwise, more users would observe service outages.   

Metadata error msg fix.jpg

0 Kudos
largosunset
Reel Rookie

Re: Sirius app won’t load from home screen

Jump to solution

1. 12/13/2022 at 9:00 a.m.

2. No

3. Yes. Performed system update, requested SiriusXM channel update. All to no avail.

0 Kudos
Birdie65
Reel Rookie

Re: Sirius app won’t load from home screen

Jump to solution

On 12/14/2022, 11:30 MST. 
I just loaded Sirius XM via Roku!! It worked! I didn’t do anything special. I just wanted to see if it was fixed. Apparently it is!  Let me hear from others who posted the same problem!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.