Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Re: Sirius XM closes out and Roku goes back to home screen right away. App won't open on either tv

Jump to solution

I also contacted Sirius XM and I am awaiting a response from them. I posted here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue, if that's all right with you. But thanks for you input. 

charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM App won't open on my Roku

Jump to solution

I called Sirius XM. They don't want to help.

HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

Re: Siriusxm is shutting down again.

Jump to solution

December 13, 2022

Version 3.3  Build 73

SiruiusXM crashed sometime last night.  SiriusXM will not launch and start the app.  It launches by attempting to connect but within seconds returns to Roku home screen. App does not reach the SXM home screen.    I restarted the Roku, reset the network connection, de-powered the Roku device and re-powered the device with no change in behavior of SXM.  I attempted an update of SXM with no change in behavior.  I removed and re-added SXM to Roku with no change in behavior.  Satellite SXM is not down.Roku issue tracker Dec 13 fix2.jpgSXM Launch issue Dec 13 fix2.jpg

0 Kudos
jmhabo
Binge Watcher

Re: Siriusxm is shutting down again.

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Roku SiriusXM app crashes immediately and returns to Roku Home screen.

First noticed the problem on 12/12/22.

Checked for updates, power cycled, reinstalled app, factory reset, on two different Roku devices. (The usual waste of time.)

Other Roku apps work. Other devices work (desktop, auto radio).

SiriusXM support told me this is Roku issue. I doubt it, but can somebody at Roku look into this?

martalcd
Reel Rookie

Re: Sirius app won’t load from home screen

Jump to solution

We've been using the Sirius app on Roku for months, and it has worked fine.  Yesterday was the first time we've had this issue. 

We did the uninstall/reinstall, reboot, etc, which didn't make any difference.  The Sirius app is working on Chromecast, on my Android app, and on my PC in the browser.  It's just not working on Roku.

Marta

martalcd
Reel Rookie

Re: Sirius app won’t load from home screen

Jump to solution

We also uninstalled, rebooted Roku, and reinstalled, but this did nothing as well.  The same build number for both the initial installed, and the reinstall app.

Marta

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @HAL9000_Y2K_VER,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
jasperquick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here I have one for each of the main rooms and bedrooms (4 different models) and it is the same on all. Tried the update all are most current, removed the app and reloaded, Unplugged the device waited over 5 minutes and plugged it back in and still doesn't work!! Contact ROKU support and was told I did all they could suggest and for me to contact SiriusXM!!!

UPDATE 12/13/2022 12:40 PM CST 

Just got done chatting with Viktor at SiriusXM he had me check out the App on my phone, vehicle and computer all are working so he said for me to contact Roku (again)!! What a bunch of bull neither one want to fix the issue!!! Whole reason I got Roku was when YouTube updated their software a few years ago my (older model) Vizio TV could no longer get YouTube so I purchased my first Roku. I will bet SiriusXM did a software update 12/12/2022 and caused the problem!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!

Please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jasperquick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Mary,

If you would read the texts, you would see this is about the SiriusXM App ONLY. I have about 9 devices of 4 different models from the cheap 1080p ones to a couple of 4K UHD including a stick and ALL have the same issue!! So it is happening on one certain model of Roku can be ruled out!!! I would check and see if SiriusXM has done any update. I was not having this problem on the night of 11 Dec when I was listening to SiriusXM on my Roku stick but the next day 12 Dec it was happening on my ROKU and still is yet I can use the app on my phones (apple and droid), my computer and vehicle with no problems. And all my other apps on all my Roku's work fine!!