Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Shudder Subscription Through Roku Not Working

Jump to solution

@MurphinUSA

Thanks for the post.

If you have a subscription for Shudder through Roku Pay, have you tried access Shudder through The Roku Channel? It's possible that you may have signed up to access the Shudder channel within The Roku Channel.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MurphinUSA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I just tried to access Shudder through the Roku Channel and it appears I don't have the subscription through that as it wanted me to start a whole new subscription even though I've already paid $60.41 for the annual plan. I entered my Roku pin and it just started a whole new 7 day free trial subscription in which I'll be charged an additional $5.99 per month (on top of the $60.41 annual plan that I can't use). This is unacceptable, I'm going to have to cancel this extra plan that was just created. Can't you just either refund me the money I paid for the annual subscription which I'm unable to use, or fix the channel so people who actually subscribe can log in successfully?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MurphinUSA wrote:

... purchased the annual subscription ...

There are three ways to subscribe to Shudder. How you did that is important, and they mean different things in how you can watch the service.

1. Directly to Shudder, at https://www.shudder.com/signup This will allow you to log in to the Shudder app and use your credentials you created on the Shudder Website. You can use this on Roku, or any platform (mobile, other streaming, Website, etc).
  2. Via Roku Pay using the Shudder app. This is the same Shudder app mentioned above. However, the subscription is through Roku. You can use this on any Roku device tied to your Roku account. You would use the Shudder standalone app to watch. It should automatically log you in to the app.
  3. Via Roku Channel. This also bills through Roku Pay, but doesn't use the Shudder app. Rather, you use the Roku Channel app to watch Shudder.

Those are not interchangeable. So it's very important to be certain how you signed up.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MurphinUSA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@DBDukes 

I signed up using the second option that you listed...I added the channel to my Roku, started the 7 day free trial through Roku, and when I switched to the annual plan it stopped working and won't let me login even though it says I have an active subscription. I never went to the Shudder website to create an account, nor did I ever create a subscription via Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
jschaller

Jump to solution

I am having the EXACT same problem & came here to find a solution. Apparently there isn’t one yet. This is so frustrating. I’m so angry & disappointed. 

0 Kudos
MurphinUSA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@jschaller 

100% agree. I had a ticket in with Shudder and they said to sign up on the Shudder website and it should work. I did that and it does work now, but I had to pay ANOTHER yearly fee. I guess I'm going to have to call Roku and demand a refund since I'm now paying twice and it wouldn't work through Roku Pay. So disappointing and frustrating. Good luck

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue. Subscribed for a full year on Roku through the Shudder app. It shows up in my.Roku.com under subscriptions, but I get the error ending in 607 when I try to use the app on Roku.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@angrycookie wrote:

I’m having the exact same issue. Subscribed for a full year on Roku through the Shudder app. It shows up in my.Roku.com under subscriptions, but I get the error ending in 607 when I try to use the app on Roku.

Tagging @RokuDanny-R @RokuMary-F @RokuKariza-D 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Chaos423
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey we had same issue for about a week until we got ROKU involved and had to send screenshots of bills and roku messages on our tvs. Next year we’ll probably just go with AMC plus or whatever since they have several awesome channels including shudder. We have all main devices

Apple TV Amazon firestick and roku. Roku’s my fave but not my husbands but anyway just get roku involved. I know it’s VERY frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.