Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanDarkblade
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel NOT working at all

To everybody having this problem with your Roku device:

Are you able to view any content on https://therokuchannel.roku.com/ from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone when they are connected to the same network as your Roku device?

If you're having the same problem as we have, you should be getting a "Something went wrong.  Sorry, this page can't be viewed. Check your browser settings and try again."  error screen.

PS  Before anyone asks, we already tried rebooting our router and trying a different DNS.  All of the Roku channel's competitors play on all of our Roku and non-Roku devices without having to change any of our router or isp settings.  So, at least in my case, this issue has nothing to do with Roku hardware.

PPS  When connecting to https://therokuchannel.roku.com/ on our desktop while using a VPN and choosing any US server, the problem goes away and we are able to watch any content as usual.

0 Kudos
Glennf2
Channel Surfer

@NathanDarkblade 

Yep, experiencing the same error with tablet and phone when connected to the same WiFi network as our Roku devices.

0 Kudos
Jobarty

All Roku apps on my fire stick aren't working and my 2 Roku sticks aren't playing Roku channels... This has been going on for 2 weeks. All other apps on all devices are working as they should. What the heck is going on?

0 Kudos
Jobarty

They ( Roku ) had to know what's going on... To continue to ask for the serial number and etc is ridiculous. I guess Roku didn't pay their bill? 

0 Kudos
DaveLessnau
Streaming Star

While being unable to watch a show on the Roku Channel on our television, I went to https://therokuchannel.roku.com/ .  I could watch shows there without problem (same network subnet).

I don't know if it's a timing issue, but immediately afterward, we could watch the show by going to TV Series in the television's Roku Channel left sidebar (instead of just finding it in the main page).  Running it there worked fine.

0 Kudos
Bigtoad
Reel Rookie

Every app works except roku.Going on 4 days now, Mt.Jackson,Va rebooted did everything possible, nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @DaveLessnau,

Thanks for the post,

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community!
Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback issues when accessing The Roku Channel.
Please be aware that we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve the issue affecting a subset of customers.
If you have not already, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing / behavior that you see with the channel
  • Your location
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lazykat

I have been unable to use the Roku channel app on my device for over a week now.  I can find a show and click on it, and then I just get a buffering wheel and after a while the screen goes black.  I can access my Amazon Prime account through my Roku stick and watch shows on Prime without any issues. I've done all the steps listed previously in the blog.  reset my router, uninstall the Roku channel power down and reinstall.  nothing is working.  this stick is only 4 months old, I don't understand what's going on?

Model: 3820X streaming stick 4k

Serial# X01700TGPD7M (S08Y429GPD7M)

GC version: 9.5.25

software version: 12.0.0 Build 4184-CU

ID#7M-307-605

my service provider is Home Telecom in South Carolina USA

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lazykat,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along your information and concern to the appropriate Roku team. They will further investigate the issue to resolve it. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to provide an update to the Community.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.