Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glennf2
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel NOT working at all

I have been gone for 5 days.  Upon returning home my wife just happened to check on a movie offered by the Roku Channel.  It seems that without any changes or action on my part (aside from posting on this forum), everything associated with the Roku Channel and Roku Express has decided to work.

I am still on the same fiber broadband system, fiber modem and WiFi router.  In the meantime, I noticed that there has been a change in the Roku Android app.  If Roku has been in the process of a system upgrade that impacted streaming, it would have been nice to have been informed.

0 Kudos
JK1949
Reel Rookie

Add me to this list of users whose Roku Channel won’t load any titles. All other apps/channels working normally.

Requested information:

4630x Roku Premiere+

Device ID 7KA68F884429

Serial # YROOFK884429

Software OS/version 12.00 build 4148-29

Roku Channel 9.3 build 10

Network IP 192.168.1.136

issue ID 29-312-458

This just started 3 days ago. Please help.

JK1949

0 Kudos
Rvh10

I am having the same issue.  No content on Roku channel will play.

0 Kudos
JK1949
Reel Rookie

One additional note: the Roku Channel has been recently upgraded with a new look/new graphic to the opening page for each title with a new design/ graphic for the play button. Seems to me that the functionality of the new play button is not working. Thoughts, Roku?

0 Kudos
charlesc1
Reel Rookie

Yes, My Roku Channel stopped working. I get the live TV  and streaming options but none of the channels or shows work when I select them.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @JK1949

Thanks for the post,

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community!
Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback issues when accessing The Roku Channel.
Please be aware that we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve the issue affecting a subset of customers.
Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing / behavior that you see with the channel
  • Your location
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JK1949
Reel Rookie

Requested information:

4630x Roku Premiere+

Device ID 7KA68F884429

Serial # YROOFK884429

Software OS/version 12.00 build 4148-29

Roku Channel 9.3 build 10

Network IP 192.168.1.136

issue ID 29-312-458

ISP provider Firefly Fiberoptic

My location Afton, VA 22920

Recap of issue: on Roku Channel only. For all titles, with title page open, clicking on episode play button does nothing but revert back to title page. Content will not play. This issue repeats unchanged over many attempts over several days. I have rebooted my router, restarted my Roku device, deleted and reinstalled the Roku Channel app numerous times, all to no avail.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JK1949,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're appreciative of you for providing us the information. With this, rest assured that we'll pass these details to the appropriate Roku team who'll further investigate the issue and work on the solution to resolve it. When we hear back from them, we'll make sure to provide an update here in the Community as soon as possible. 

Once again, we thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johniem
Binge Watcher

Chat started on 09 Aug 2023, 04:26 PM (GMT+0)
(04:26:22) *** Johnie Mullins joined the chat ***
(04:26:22) Johnie Mullins
No Roku live, I have reset router and total reset of Hisense tv. Even removed and a complete setup. This happened last week also. I assume that tech reset at some point as they could not resolve issues while I was in chat .
(04:26:27) Roku Customer Service
An agent will be with you shortly. To avoid being disconnected, please do not minimize or close this window, and make sure your device has a strong network connection.
(04:26:30) *** Kamali K joined the chat ***
(04:26:54) Kamali K
Hello Johnie,

Hope you're doing great there. Thanks for contacting Roku Technical support. My name is Kamali K
(04:27:17) Johnie Mullins
Hi
(04:28:22) Kamali K
Could you please give me 2 minutes while I check this information and get back to you?
(04:28:33) Johnie Mullins
Absolutely
(04:32:24) Kamali K
I can see that your issue is under progress by a specific team
(04:32:58) Kamali K
Once we got the update from the specific team, we will update you as soon as possible
(04:34:06) Johnie Mullins
Ok, so it's still under "not working"?
(04:35:02) Kamali K
it is an ongoing issue, and our backend team is working on it
(04:35:38) Johnie Mullins
Ok, thanks...not a happy camper @this point.
(04:36:44) Kamali K
I understand your frustration, But please understand that we were working on it to fix it as soon as possible
(04:39:15) Johnie Mullins
Yes I understand, all Roku devices are down. And Not working. Thanks for the info.
(04:40:22) Johnie Mullins
End chat.
(04:40:38)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.