Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rondawalsh
Reel Rookie

Roku channel NOT working at all

Going on 2 weeks now with the Roku channel not working at all and all I get from customer support is we are working on this it is on our end please be patient we will send an email when it’s fixed! Is anyone else having problems with this?

58 REPLIES 58
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel NOT working at all

Hi @Rondawalsh,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a playback issue with The Roku Channel. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • IP Address (from whatismyip.com).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • When did they start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rondawalsh
Reel Rookie

I’ve already done all of that and it’s still not working is there anything else I can do?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rondawalsh,

Thanks for your response!

We really do apologize for the delayed solution to this ongoing issue. As we validated your account, we already received the needed information about this, and we appreciate that.

As of the moment, we still don't have any updates to share with you regarding this. Please keep an eye on your email address for additional updates, and we'll make sure to let the Community know once we have information available regarding the investigation.

We'll need your patience and understanding as we further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Glennf2
Channel Surfer

I have Roku Express streaming devices on 5 TVs and nothing associated with the Roku Channel plays.  This includes live TV and streaming on demand.  We subscribe to Up Faith & Family and Hallmark Movies Now and they don't play back either.  This started this time about 4 days ago (happened in April).  When streaming on demand, the title screen displays, when play is selected loading is indicated but it returns to the title screen.

If I attempt to stream through the Roku app on my phone, I get an error message.

I don't have any issue with other streaming services (DirecTV, FriendlyTV, Tubi, etc.  I have fiber broadband at 100mbps.  Roku only seems to function when I'm not connected to WiFi and only using LTE.  This includes the mobile app and connecting the Express through my phone as a hotspot.

This issue needs to be resolved by Roku.  While free to consumers, Roku is receiving advertising dollars.I

I've seen it suggested that users should try removing the app and reinstalling it.  The Roku Express doesn't give the option of removing the Roku Channel.  In addition, having the same issue with five devices points to Roku's streaming servers as the source of the problem.

Why isn't there a way to communicate with Roku tech support?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Glennf2,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered with The Roku Channel. We would be more than happy to look into this, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on The Roku Channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Glennf2
Channel Surfer

For what it's worth, I have 6 Roku's.  Five are Roku Express (Mod 3930X, OS 12.0.0 - build 4184-AE) and the other is Express 4K+ (Mod 3941X, OS 12.0.0 - build 4184-CR).  I'm not sure why serial numbers would make any difference.

Nothing will play on the Roku Channel.  This includes Live TV, Up Faith & Family and Hallmark Movies Now.  Live TV results in a blank screen.  On demand selections return return to the introduction screen after initiating play.  Pressing Home 5 times then Back 5 times does not return a Tracking ID.

The issue is identical on all 6 devices.  All are connected to 100mbps fiber broadband via WiFi.  WiFi internet download speed varies from 5mbps to 30mbps from one device to the other.  No other streaming services that I use have a problem.  This includes DirecTV, FriendlyTV, plutotv, and plex.

While the Roku Channel is free, I pay a subscription for Up Faith & Family and Hallmark Movies Now and can't watch them.  I experienced the same issue in April of this year which eventually resolved without and changes on my end.

Glennf2
Channel Surfer

Update:

I was able to get a Tracker ID on the device I'm currently watching.  ID 5P-287-741..

msb335pro
Binge Watcher

Not that my 2cents are worth all that much, but something is definitely happening today. To say I'm beyond frustrated would be an understatement.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Glennf2 @msb335pro,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing the information. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Could you please provide us with the Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)?

Keep us posted!

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.