Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel NOT working at all

Hi @RNACALVAR,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this, and we'd like to see more going and see how we can get you up and running.

It seems like the information you've provided is somehow lacking. Could you please elaborate on the issue you're seeing?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
enoughs_enoughs
Reel Rookie

Roku channels will not load?

Has anyone received a clear cut response from Roku as to why "their" channels will not load to play?

This has become very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Glennf2
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey , @RNACALVAR 

Since RNACALVAR indicated having the same issues, I suspect that on-demand is returning to the introduction screen when play is initiated and live programming is probably returning a blank screen when a program is selected.

This is a familiar complaint throughout recent threads and comments.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channels will not load?

Hi @enoughs_enoughs 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are aware that this must be an ongoing problem since we have previously been provided with information and specifics pertaining to it. We sincerely thank you for your time and attention, and we are sorry for the delay in our response to this issue. In the meantime, could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.

Once we have this information available, we'll be able to pass these details along to the appropriate Roku team.

We'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
enoughs_enoughs
Reel Rookie

Having the same problem. All channels will work with the exception of the Roku Channels. None of them will load to play. I have been on chat with them and called them. about this issue..

0 Kudos
RNACALVAR
Reel Rookie

Rey, 

Here it is again.

Model 3600X Roku Stick Serial # 5S674U206873 Issue ID 73-300-261

0 Kudos

Roku channels not working

I have not been able to watch anything on the Roku channel this weekend.  I paid my subscription fees and need them refunded or the channels fixed. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RNACALVAR,

Thanks for the details provided!

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks, 

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channels not working

Hi @Cartertk2012,

Welcome to the Roku community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku channel since you're not able to watch any content. Help is here. Please follow these steps:

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveLessnau
Streaming Star

Device Model:  TCL 65R625

Serial #:  X003006U9LPW

Device ID:  S053Y99U9LPW

OS version: 12.0.0 build 4182-88

IP Address:  I can't see why you'd want my computer's IP address from whatismyip.com, so I'll give you the actual television's IP:  192.168.1.161

Tracker ID:  PW-303-826 (and from the same location, Model = A108X-Roku TV, GC Version 9.5.25).

Steps to reproduce:  try to play an episode of some show in the Roku Channel.  It usually just pops right back to the show description instead of playing.  Sometimes it will just put up a spinner.

When did it start?  Good question, the spousal unit noticed it a couple of days ago.  Sometimes it goes away.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.