Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregT1
Channel Surfer

Prime won't play any more.

I have a Roku 3920X and have been using it quite a while to watch Amazon Prime on my TV with no problem -- now though I go to Prime and click on a show and it starts loading only to give me a "something went wrong" message. I contacted Prime and went through a whole bunch of offs/ons/sign-outs/sign-ins to no avail. And Prime will still play on my computer, so that tells me something's wonky with Roku, not Prime. Any ideas?

35 REPLIES 35
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Prime won't play any more.

Hi @GregT1 

Does the issue only occur on Amazon Prime Video or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GregT1
Channel Surfer

I was on chat with a tech from Prime and we went through the whole bit -- unplugging/replugging/signing out/signing in/uninstalling/reinstalling -- and nothing worked. She said that's all she's got. I only subscribe to Prime, but I found the free channels like TUBI and Pluto work, so it's only Prime that's a problem. And Prime works on my computer, just not on my TV. So frustrating!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@GregT1 

Thanks for the reply.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
GregT1
Channel Surfer

Did all this following the Prime tech's instructions.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@GregT1 

Appreciate the prompt response.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GregT1
Channel Surfer

I worked with a Prime tech over quite some period of time trying to fix the problem until she'd run out of suggestions -- her last was contact Roku.

0 Kudos
Jessykaw

Did this issue ever get resolved? I’m having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
GregT1
Channel Surfer

No it didn't -- so I dumped Roku, bought an Amazon Firestick for $35, and that has worked great since!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jessykaw,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community. We'd like to help. Could you tell us when you started seeing this and what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Also, could you share a screenshot of the issue you're seeing?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos