Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1531i

Re: Prime won't play any more.

Jump to solution

I have tried all of the suggested solutions multiple times and have had no luck.is there an option other than getting rid of my Roku tv?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @1531i,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cawildes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue started yesterday on my Roku devices. Removed app, restarted both devices, added app, same problem.

I can cast prime videos from my iPad to the Roku.

Tried to copy error message, this forum won’t allow a paste of image. This is what it says:
Something went wrong. Please try again later. 

Looks like it’s time to get a fire stick. I would think this problem is sufficiently impactful that Roku should be working on a solution, even if it means actually having to talk with Amazon.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @cawildes.

We appreciate you for raising your concern about accessing the Prime app on your Roku streaming player. 

No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, we would like to gather more information for us to provide you with an accurate resolution.

• May we know if you have an active subscription to the app? If so, is it through Roku or directly from Prime? 
  • Also, could you please specify which devices you are having this issue with? 
  • When did you first observe this happening?

In the meantime, kindly highlight the app and press the star* button on your remote to update it to see if this helps.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cawildes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fixed it. We had recently subscribed to the new ATT internet. We had set up our network, and most things seemed ok, with two exceptions. From two devices I had an intermittent glitch on a web browser that took me to a page from att that congratulated me for setting up my network. The other glitch was the problem with Prime. 

ATT had me reset my device to factory settings. Did that, then renamed my network as I had before, and the problem with Prime went away.

All is now well, and I do t have to buy someone else’s box to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
VEPTRMOM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I reset my Roku then added it back after the restart and am still having the same problem listed by the OP. Same I can watch online and on my phone but not through Roku after troubleshooting with everything in this thread.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @VEPTRMOM,

Thank you for your post. We understand that you are having issues accessing Prime, and we appreciate the steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue. We are here to assist.

Could you confirm if this is the only channel affected by this issue? If so, kindly provide us with the following details, as our appropriate team would like to look into this further:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • A clip of the said issue

With these details, our team would have a fuller view of the said concern. Please keep us posted.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rgrig

Jump to solution

I have the same problems with both Prime and Max. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rgrig,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to investigate this issue that you're having with the Amazon Prime Video and Max channels. Are you getting any error messages or codes after launching the channels? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rgrig

Jump to solution

On max

something went wrong

error code 712c40ec-b396-4997-ae00-2fac42554470

prime sometimes works sometimes does. When it does not work says