Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skiff
Streaming Star

Re: NewsMax channel not listed in Roku Live TV news group?

@RokuJohnB  OK, Please guide me through or send me doc. on how I send you a 'direct message' please.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Skiff,

Thanks for keeping us updated in the Roku Community!

For you to send us a direct message, you can click on or visit our Profile and look for Contact Me in the right-hand corner. Below that, click on the option Send this user a private message.

We hope it helps.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

4 weeks ago my issue was reported and still waiting for this to be resolved. Roku - Can I get an update please. At the very least a commit date (ETA) is not too much to ask imho. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to me that you're inserting yourself into business that doesn't concern you, i.e., unless you represent Newsmax, you're in no position to make demands on their behalf.

Try contacting Newsmax to point out your concern and let them take it from there. I'm sure that if someone that actually represented Newsmax were to make a request to a Roku representative regarding their content categorization, it would be handled expeditiously, and definitely not via a community forum. 

In the meantime, just add Newsmax to your favorites. 

0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

@Anonymous You don't get it, let me try to help.

My "business" (your words) is one of a customer and if it didn't "concern" me I wouldn't report it would I? I'm the Roku customer who reported the problem NOT NewsMax. Additionally, why did Roku support ask me (A CUSTOMER) to private message detail information about the problem back to them - which I did? 

Your listed here as a "guru" - really? Also, why are YOU "inserting yourself" into my "business" with Roku.

A "guru" would insert themselves into a community to help solve problems for CUSTOMERS Instead, it appears your trolling the community adding no value and for the wrong purpose. Step aside @Anonymous 

0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

Can I PLEASE get a status update? Going on 5 weeks since I reported the issue. If it's not fixed then an ETA of when it will is not too much to ask is it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, @Skiff.

Firstly, we appreciate your patience and understanding with this issue you are currently experiencing. As of the moment, we don't have any information or updates yet. 

Furthermore, since this is an isolated case involving the Newsmax app on the Roku streaming platform, have you tried contacting the Customer Support of the channel provider themselves to see what further advice they'll give? If not, we highly suggest it.

Let us know how it goes!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

Hi Carly,

Thank you for your reply. Respectfully, my case is NOT an "isolated case". In other words, the problem is not relegated to me, it is a problem experienced by all customers of the "Roku Streaming Platform" as you stated - correct? If I'm mistaken, I apologize conversely it's a problem nonetheless that needs to be fixed.

Also, if it's a "Roku Streaming Platform" problem as you stated, help me understand why would a Roku customer (me) contact NewsMax about a Roku problem? What am I missing?

This problem is now going on 6 weeks since I reported it and I feel like I'm being told to 'go away' or at the very least slow walked by you and all the other replies back I've received.

Additionally, why has Roku support asked me to send (which I did) details of the problem? Again, feels like Roku is not being honest with me. I see you are a moderator. Are you employed by Roku or a 3rd party working for Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Skiff,

We really do apologize for the delay in our solutions about this. We have communicated this case to our engineering team for further review.

We'll get back here and let you know how things turn out.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

@RokuERey Thank you for your reply. I really do appreciate it and hope you can understand my frustration given imho this is a simple (and therefore should not take long to complete) information technology fix.

I look forward to your update.

0 Kudos