Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skiff
Streaming Star

NewsMax channel not listed in Roku Live TV news group?

Anyone else have the problem on Roku Live TV when filtering to 'News' the NewsMax channel (190 on my devices) are not listed, however when I search (remote or remote voice) for it it's there and displayed??? BTW - I have 2 different Roku streaming devices and BOTH are having this problem? This 'raises my brow' with the problems we are ALL experiencing with censorship but I truly hope I'm mistaken. However, if Roku support comes back and reports this is their problem and '...simply an oversight...', etc. I'm gonna blow a gasket.

34 REPLIES 34
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NewsMax channel not listed in Roku Live TV news group?

I have no idea about the inner workings of this stuff, but maybe NewMax failed to check a box to have themselves listed under News Groups.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

Thank you for your perspective and reply. Having this perspective dialog is a shame in and of itself, nonetheless when I've watched NewsMax it's REAL journalistic "news" based on what I've seen? If you ARE 'barking up the right tree' as they say ... is the definition of (or not) of 'news' determined by Roku? I have no allegiance to NewsMax, nor an employee, stock holder, etc. I simply want the problem acknowledged and fixed. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Paging Roku employees @RokuAustin, @RokuKariza-D @RokuMary-F and any other moderators so they can pass this issue on to proper people.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

Thank you and standing by.

0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

Can I get an update please?

0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

The silence from Roku is deafening.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Skiff,

Thank you for informing us!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

NewsMax not listed in news groupNewsMax not listed in news group

@RokuJohnB Here you go! Again, pretty straightforward issue. As you can see in the pic I've uploaded ...

The Roku 'News' filter is selected on the left of the screen but NewsMax (channel 190 on my system) is not listed??? FWIW, I have 2 different Roku streaming products and BOTH have the issue. I would appreciate you keeping me informed as this issue hopefully moves toward resolution.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Skiff,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. Please send us a direct message, since we will need to collect your personal information.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos