Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NewsMax channel not listed in Roku Live TV news group?

@Skiff,

We really do appreciate your understanding, and we hear you. We have received updates about this from our engineering team. Newsmax is still available, but it's not in the News section. Try navigating to "All channels," and you'll be able to see it from there.

Let us know if you're to see it on your end.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

@RokuERey Yes, the issue reported is NewsMax is not listed in the Roku news group. You agree this is a simple fix - right? As I've requested before. Would you please provide an ETA. I think you would agree, I reported this issue 6 weeks ago and at the very least Roku should provide an ETA to any customer by now.

I encourage you to review the topic chain (history) here. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Skiff,

Thanks for the prompt response!

Could you confirm to us that you'll be able to see the NewMax channel by navigating to all channels?

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

Yes

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update @Skiff,

We'll communicate this and make sure to get back to you once this has been addressed. We don't have much information about when will be the exact resolution. In the meantime, and as a workaround, you can access the channel in the "All channels" section.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

@RokuERey Thank you for agreeing to address this. I really do appreciate it.

I'll stand by, look forward to hearing back from you.

0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

Can I have an update please. I reported this problem ~7 weeks ago. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Skiff,

We regret to inform you that this issue is still undergoing an in-depth investigation with our Engineering team. The issue is quite complex, which is why our team may need your patience while they are dealing with it. Rest assured, we'll update this thread if we have already received information to share.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

@RokuJanadeeK Thank you for your reply. Glad to hear they are "dealing with it". May I ask what requires an "in-depth investigation" and what is so "complex" about this issue? This is adding 1 channel to a filter (News) group. There is nothing to investigate and nothing complex. Help me understand please? 

As I've requested before, what is the ETA? Your "engineering" team owes their customers (me) an ETA. This problem was reported ~7 weeks ago and my repeated request for an ETA ignored. What is the estimated time customers can expect this problem to be fixed? Work effort required, related time estimates and priority of the work are an engineering Software Development foundational principle. 

If this basic information cannot be provided I would request this issue be escalated and their contact information to be provided please.  

I'm sure you would agree, I've been more than patient. I look forward to your reply back.  

0 Kudos
universalsearch
Reel Rookie

A channel placement on Roku in most locations is more often than not accomplished by paying to be put there. 

For example the "Featured Free" tab, all content there is put there based on a pay to play agreement with Roku team.

There is a difference between paid promotion and censorship. If you're left out it's only because you're cheap not because of democracy didn't want to give you a free place to be promoted. 

Streaming video is not a democracy. 

0 Kudos