Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shannduin
Reel Rookie

Netflix video has a pink, washed out tinge

Jump to solution

On my Netflix channel *only*, video playback adds a weird, washed out pinkish tinge to all the video elements. 

This doesn't happen on any other channel. It also happens on the Netflix app on my Chromecast with Google TV (the issue happens both in the native Netflix Roku channel *and* in the connected Chromecast with Google TV) 

I tried the following:

• Hard reboot the TV (power, unplug, wait a minute)
  • Software restart the TV
  • Software restart the Netflix channel
  • Force the Chromecast to only play in HDR and in SDR

I'm not really sure what to do now as the issue still persist. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix video has a pink, washed out tinge

Jump to solution

Hi @shannduin 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We highly suggest you directly contact the Netflix app customer support regarding this concern because many channels/apps on Roku are created, provided and maintained by the channel services/providers themselves. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. You can contact Netflix Support here.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance, let us know and we'd be more than happy to assist you with anything.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @shannduin 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We highly suggest you directly contact the Netflix app customer support regarding this concern because many channels/apps on Roku are created, provided and maintained by the channel services/providers themselves. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. You can contact Netflix Support here.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance, let us know and we'd be more than happy to assist you with anything.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shannduin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So yes, that's what I did initially and they said to contact the OS or device manufacturer. It seems to be related to Dolby Vision (which might be out of scope for Roku and might be a hardware manufacturer issue) - playing a Netflix show that doesn't have HDR or Dolby Vision results in a normal picture with no colour issues. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.