Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julybaby
Channel Surfer

NBC live Error Code: Generic framework erro

On my NBC live app I’m getting an error code called generic framework error, and will no longer play my local NBC channel live. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NBC live Error Code: Generic framework erro

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Julybaby!

We appreciate you for letting us know about this and we'd be more than happy to assist you and find you the best resolution possible. 

Before we proceed, are you accessing NBC Live directly from the app or through The Roku Channel? Also, can you please specify which particular NBC Live this is? (NBC Sports, NBC News, etc.)

Additionally, does rebooting your Roku player resolve this? (Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System reboot) Kindly let us know the troubleshooting methods you've tried so we can suggest further. 

We'll be anticipating your response! In the meantime, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as well. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Julybaby
Channel Surfer

hi Carly, thanks for the response. I’ve never had an issue accessing the NBC LIVE feature before (to access local news and shows in my area - NBC E IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN) until a week or so ago. To answer your question, I am going directly through the NBC app and am logged into AT&T U-verse. I’ve tried shutting down, restarting and deleting and adding back the app. Nothing works. I have deleted the cache as well. I have four Roku devices in my home, and all devices are no longer working for the NBC app live. I’ve even tried to restart my own Internet to no avail.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Julybaby,

Thanks for the extra details!

It seems like basic troubleshooting is giving us no luck and thanks for the effort. I'd suggest getting additional help from the channel team and see if this is a common error or an isolated case. Most of the channels on Roku are handled and developed by the service providers themselves, and any issues that may be encountered would need to be reported directly. 

We appreciate you reaching out to let us know, and we'll be sure to share your feedback with the channel developer to let them know about the issue you're running into.

You can contact them here: NBC Help Center

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
User9999
Reel Rookie

Re: NBC live Error Code: Generic framework error

Anyone get this figured out?  I live in Nothern Michigan and started having the same problem.  I link my Roku NBC app using our families Dish account to watch live NBC local stations.  Been doing this for over two years then a couple weeks ago it stopped working and gives me the Generic framework Error when I try and watch live.  I have tried all the possible trouble shooting steps, updated the Roku Stream Bar, removed and reinstalled the NBC app many times.  Nothing works.  I have emailed NBC help twice and never received any response.  No one seems to care about customer service these days.  Roku, any advice on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Julybaby
Channel Surfer

@User9999 ~ I’ve tried installing and reinstalling, as well. We use the family AT&T internet and have never had this issue until recently. It’s really frustrating! 

Please let me know if your NBC app ever returns to live. Thanks for posting. I’m pretty certain there are more of us!

0 Kudos
User9999
Reel Rookie

Just got this message below from NBC support.  I already tried some of these things, but I will try each one and let everyone know if it worked or not.

Thank you for contacting NBC Digital Support for NBC.com and NBCU apps regarding issues in your streaming experience.

Please be aware that our locked, live, and cable content requires a TV plan with a listed provider that has the channel and is available with your location and network.

Please try all the following troubleshooting steps:

• If you have a TV provider, unlink and relink your TV Provider across all NBCU apps and supported devices
  • Sign out of your NBCU Profile across all NBCU apps and supported devices
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app
  • Check for any available OS updates
  • Clear the storage/data/cache for the device, app store, and app
  • Power down your device for at least 60 seconds
  • Unplug your internet router for at least 60 seconds

If you are still encountering any issues, please ensure you have tried all the troubleshooting steps above and provide us with the make & model of your device & the specific content (including season and episode numbers) you are encountering issues on.

Best,
NBC Digital Support

0 Kudos
User9999
Reel Rookie

Well tried everything NBC suggested to troubleshoot and still getting the Generic Framework Error when trying to watch live.  This has to be a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
Julybaby
Channel Surfer

I used your instructions from NBC as well with no success. I agree with you. 
Thanks again for sharing. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @User9999 @Julybaby,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the NBC channel. Are you getting any error messages or codes when you're trying to launch the channel?
We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.