Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @rcrossenjr 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
1stnlast
Channel Surfer

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

I threw the tv in a dumpster I will never buy a roku tv again.

Dllevine1978
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Update to my previous post. This also occurs if you initiate playback of an episode within one of these apps and put it on pause. The app will also boot you back to the home screen after 30 seconds of being paused

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @NomadVagabond 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with being returned to the Home screen.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but we will need more details about what you are experiencing. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you and your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jay12345
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The found any apps with commercials still operating.. now roku community needs more info on a common problem..  is this customer just outta luck?? No solution here.. where do I go

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jay12345

Thanks for your post. 

We're here to help. The requested information posted by @RokuDanny-R will help us identify the issue you are experiencing and will lead us to resolve the problem. We appreciate your understanding and if you have time kindly keep us posted with those details so we can best assist you further. 

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Jared81

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue. TCL 55"TV. We have the issue only with Prime. I Uninstalled and reinstalled and it will still go back to home screen. A permanent solution would be nice.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Jared81

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize to hear about the issue you are seeing with your Roku TV. Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. 

If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart.

Does this clear the problem? If not, kindly provide us with the requested information posted above by @RokuDanny-R for us to assist you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
saffy74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same trouble with Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, AppleTV, basically all my channels.  I have uninstalled the apps and restarted, checked for updates (all set there) but it still keeps happening.  I get about a minute into a show or movie and then get booted out to the Home screen.  I can't watch anything right now and I'm getting extremely frustrated.  

Information: Hisense Roku TV 4Series-43, Hardware ID: D205X, Serial Number: X00700331CF6, Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-CP, Device ID: S07D72331CF6

Channels affected: Disney+ version 1.32 build 2023042000, Prime Video version 14.1 build 2022120820, Apple TV version 13.3 build 78, Hulu version 6.69 build 1, Netflix version 5.2 build 105088020

Issue Report Tracker: Model D205X - Roku TV, Serial #X00700331CF6(S07D72331CF6), Issue ID F6-180-700

Steps to reproduce issue: Go into app, choose a show/movie, start watching, kicks me out 30 seconds to 3 minutes later.

SSharp80

Jump to solution

We have same issue. Started with Netflix, now all apps doing this….

model: G136X - Roku TV

serial number: x01200094PCP (S0JSH2794PCP)

software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-CG

Timestanp: 2023-05-29T15:33:28Z

issue ID: CP-214-053