Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktleonortega
Reel Rookie

Re: IMDb TV glitch....shuts shows down mid ad break....

I found something even more weird with this glitch... it only happens when I'm not actively watching the commercials!  Like if I walk out of the room during an ad break,  the glitch will happen and I'll have to watch 14 ads instead of 5.  If I sit throughout the ad break,  no glitch, ever.  Creeping me out!!!

0 Kudos
gestroud
Channel Surfer

I've having the same problem. It's been going on for months. All of the recommended fixes have been tried. They don't work. Hopefully, someone from Roku will take some initiative and let IMDB and/or Amazon know that there is a problem with their app affecting multiple users.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @gestroud

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on IMDb or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please also tell us specifically the troubleshooting steps you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gestroud
Channel Surfer

It only happens with IMDB TV. Constantly

0 Kudos
ktleonortega
Reel Rookie

Same for me.  Only happens with IMDB.  I'm not using this channel anymore because it's so frustrating.  I'd rather watch one extra commercial per ad break than 15 all at once!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gestroud @ktleonortega,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having a channel playback issue with IMDb TV.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 
Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gestroud
Channel Surfer

I just sent them the following email. We'll see how they proceed from here.

Please provide the following information:

Your device's make & model (e.g. iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy s9): Roku Express Model 3930X

Your device's operating system & version (e.g. iOS 11.2.1): Roku Software Version 10.5.0 build 4208-AE

Your IMDb app version (e.g. 8.8): Roku IMDB TV app Version 1.1 build 805

Explanation of the problem: App crashes after viewing 1 or 2 programs and reboots the Roku device. Problem has been happening for the past few months. The IMDB TV is the only app that crashes on my Roku. Other Roku users have reported similar problems on the Roku support forum: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/IMDb-TV-glitch-shuts-shows-down-mid-ad-break/...

I am considering deleting the app. It's providing an unsatisfactory viewing experience.

0 Kudos
gestroud
Channel Surfer

Received this in response to my message to IMDB TV's Customer Support:

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear you're experiencing with IMDb TV.

If you've confirmed that your device, app/web browser, and internet connection meet the minimum requirements and are still experiencing playback issues, please reach out to Prime Video support:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/digital-video.html

Please let us know if we can offer any further help.

Best regards,
Sally
IMDb Customer Service

====================

So, now I'll contact Amazon Prime and wait for them to tell me to contact Roku. Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Sissypenn

This also happens to me and it is just IMDb.  It is very frustrating!  A lot of times, you can find same show on another streaming app so will probably just delete IMDb.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.