Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will-ru
Reel Rookie

Re: Comet TV not on streaming store

Jump to solution

I just got this message too. I could not re-install Comet. This is the main app I stream in Roku. If this is Roku’s choice… I will not buy another Roku tv (and I had planned on doing just that). This is a BIG mistake by Roku.

sanchio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It used to be on Stirr tv and it changed owners and disappeared. That's why I bought

a Roku stick. You can still watch on your pc. What a joke

Richard21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here, everyday for the last couple years. Total BS. I see HULU has Xflies and Buffy, and perhaps they forced Comet to remove the app. We deserved a warning at least, and certainly some answers. 

will-ru
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree… Hey Roku… why did you drop Comet… one of your best apps?

You owe us an explanation… better yet, correct your mistake and return the app. Your decision is not winning you customers. How about giving us an email where we can address our grievance.  

Richard21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good call, but I suspect COMET TV made the choice. Probably sold out to pressure from HULU, which streams X-files and Buffy (I see now). Regardless, always comes down to $. 

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This was not a Roku decision. Comet TV owner Sinclair has removed it.

https://cordcuttersnews.com/comet-tv-ends-most-free-streaming-options-on-roku-more-for-its-sci-fi-pr... 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users!

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community.

In addition to what our Community Guru provided above, the app Comet TV is no longer being offered on the Roku streaming platform. 

If you want this available on the Roku streaming platform, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider and letting them know you'd like their app back. 

For more information, read about Why is an app no longer available on my Roku streaming device? | Official Roku Support

For future announcements, you may visit the Roku Blog

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
wpentecost

Re: Comet TV all will not connect to Roku

Jump to solution

It has disappeared again. The PC/tablet version is working, but the Roku app is NOT.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Comet TV all will not connect to Roku

Jump to solution

Sinclair Broadcasting, which owns Comet TV, has pulled it from Roku devices. Not at all under the control of Roku themselves. 

https://cordcuttersnews.com/comet-tv-ends-most-free-streaming-options-on-roku-more-for-its-sci-fi-pr...

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
winduptoy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. It was a Comet decision then, not Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.