Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKelly338
Reel Rookie

Brady Bunch Episodes are missing on Paramount w/Roku (S3 E1 and S4 E1) Both are two part.

Hello.  I’m watching Paramount w/Roku on my Roku tv.  I’m watching “The Brady Bunch” tv series from 1969 – 1974.  These two episodes are missing:  S3 E1 “Ghost Town, U.S.A.” and S4 E1 “Hawaii Bound”.  Only the second of the two-part episodes are available.  Why are the first episodes accessible?  (P.S:  Even though I haven’t gotten to season 5 yet, I see that the first episode of that season (Adios, Johnny Bravo), is missing also.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Brady Bunch Episodes are missing on Paramount w/Roku (S3 E1 and S4 E1) Both are two part.

@SKelly338 

I'm not 100% sure but, this was also the case when HULU had the show. I think it's because those episodes have music on them. That would require paying a music license fee. I think one of the Hawaii episodes was missing.  Few others. forget which.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brady Bunch Episodes are missing on Paramount w/Roku (S3 E1 and S4 E1) Both are two part.

HI, @SKelly338.

It is highly appreciated that you have brought this to our attention. No worries! We would be more than happy to forward this to our Engineering team for correction. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action as your satisfaction and convenience are what we always aim for. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Since I am in the middle of binge-watching The Brady Bunch this weekend, I realized the same thing you did, so I looked it up. It said that this happened with Hulu as well, and this was due to CBS owning The Brady Bunch and not allowing them rights to all episodes(which is stupid in itself, the show is 50 years old. What are you saving it for??) Anyway, what is really baffling is that CBS OWNS PARAMOUNT PLUS, so why couldn't CBS give permission for all the episodes to appear on their own subsidiary company's app when THEY OWN THE RIGHTS?? I saw a post from Reddit where an actual Paramount Plus representative answers and states that they were not aware of it, and thanks the person that began the thread, promising they will look into it and, now that it has been brought to their attention, the missing episodes will appear shortly(that was posted in January and it is March now. Big surprise). So, they don't have just one employee there making sure all the episodes make it on the Paramount app?? They just wing it? How in the world could they 'not be aware' of what episodes are on their own app? Incidentally, the episode I was looking for was Season 4, Episode 23, "A Room at the Top", where Marcia and Greg argue about the attic room. This morning I was watching Season 2, and in the one where Mike gives Greg his office as a bedroom, Mike is in bed with Carol (engaging in one of their 'bed talks'), and Carol asks why not give Greg a room in the attic? Mike replies, "Greg would have to be 2 1/2 feet tall to live up there"(not a direct quote!), therefore I wanted to verify that the attic wars actually DID happen and my 50-year-old brain(yes, I am as old as the show. Shut up.) is still OK! Btw, might I add that I cannot believe how stupid and dependent on Mike they make Carol seem! For one, why would Mike have to explain to her that Greg couldn't live up there because the height of the ceiling only reaches Greg's groin area? Has she not been in her own attic? If you watch The Brady Bunch for awhile you notice things you wouldn't if you were just watching it one episode at a time over a longer period. I have really realized that Mike talks to Carol like he talks to the children! He is always making comments about how she needs him in order to make even the slightest decision yet, he once made an offer on a new house and put their home up for sale and her with it and didn't even bother to give her a call!! He SURPRISED her with it when he got home from work! Lol! Sorry for the rant/ramble, if anyone takes the time to read this I would LOVE to hear your opinion on all of this, especially the main topic, which is the missing episodes! Blessings to all!

0 Kudos

Was that "Paramount representative" a verified source? 

0 Kudos
Beckers68

The episodes are still not there and it's now May 2024. Why are so many episodes missing, especially the first ones of each season? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.