Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated18
Reel Rookie

IMDb TV glitch....shuts shows down mid ad break....

Having trouble with the IMDb TV app. It shuts down a show in the middle of an ad break and returns to the episode list screen. When you try to restart the show I get hit with an avalanche of ad breaks. 14 ads to get back into the show where it was interrupted. Of course, there is no way to contact IMDb tv that I can find. 

Any thoughts other than just deleting IMDb tv app?

18 REPLIES 18
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: IMDb TV glitch....shuts shows down mid ad break....

Hi @Frustrated18

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on IMDb TV or across other channels installed on your Roku? Have you tried restarting your device to see if that will make a difference?

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Frustrated18
Reel Rookie

I have only experienced this issue with IMDb tv app which leads me to believe that is an issue with this specific app.

0 Kudos
Frustrated18
Reel Rookie

I deleted IMDb tv channel and reinstalled it, but the same glitch occurs. It shuts down a show in the middle of an ad break, returns you to the show's episode screen and when you resume viewing you get hit with an avalanche of ads.  

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Frustrated18

Appreciate the update and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. Since removing IMDb TV and re-installing it didn't help, we would recommend contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Frustrated18
Reel Rookie

Like my original post stated, I can find no support contact info for IMDb tv. I would have contacted them directly if I had the information. 

Can Roku share any contact info for IMDb tv?

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Frustrated18 

Start here and select IMDb Fan, IMDb TV and then select Email.

https://help.imdb.com/contact

Their other help page (FAQs) is located here...

https://help.imdb.com/article/imdb/discover-watch/imdb-tv-faq/GZML3SK6UQK8EMYV#

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
DavidTN
Reel Rookie

I've had the same issue since at least February 2021. I've updated the app and the Roku software multiple times. I agree. It's very frustrating. So much great content. It's a shame the app is so wonky.

grayghost99
Reel Rookie

Just tried IMDB and watched 3 movies. At least three times in each movie, I experienced the same problem. When I do continue the movie, I get hit with all these additional ads. Very frustrating. After seeing all the others having the same issue, my solution is simple: Delete the channel and move on to another channel that cares enough about its viewers to properly maintain the channel. Fortunately, there are enough channels out there, many ad-free, that we really don't need IMDB TV.

Timnator

I fought the same issue, and found a workaround. If you have a playstation 4 or 5, install IMDB TV on your console and run the app through that. Works perfectly so far.

0 Kudos