Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS57

Getting acorn tv through Roku

Never had any issues until I changed to Xfinity cable. If I want to watch Acorn now Xfinity says I have to subscribe through Xfinity. This seems like a monopoly to me. I already subscribe through Roku. Anyone else have this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting acorn tv through Roku

If you subscribed and are paying THROUGH ROKU you should be able to access Acorn from inside The Roku Channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Getting acorn tv through Roku

How is Xfinity “inserting itself” into your Roku user experience?  I used to have my Roku on Xfinity, and I never saw any sign of Xfinity – it was just the internet plumbing.

That is to say: I don’t understand what “Xfinity says I have to” means since I haven’t seen any sign of any ISP on my Roku.

Of course, if you’re getting a TV package from them as well, then you might be in a situation where your TV package already includes Acorn.  But in that case, it seems more like that’s something you’d want to take advantage of rather than being forced.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.