Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I'm having the same issues that quite a few members are having today!

@Ro17 that's a start. But exactly what are they doing/not doing?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lizwatch
Reel Rookie

My Roku was working fine but now it skips all over the place.  Pretty much on all channels.  My Max channel was also working fine but now skips and can’t put on what I want to watch. Fubo is the worst problem.  It freezes up and I can only go back to main menu. Skips, freezes, can’t lock into a different show. Seems like a system problem.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @Lizwatch,

We would like to thank you for your first post in the Roku community, and we are grateful that you have reached out to us regarding the current issue.

Have you tried power cycling your device by disconnecting it for 10–15 minutes and then plugging it back in to see if the problem persists? This will allow you to determine whether or not the problem is caused by a software or hardware glitch.

Let us know if this works for you!

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ka2
Reel Rookie

My YouTube will not come back up 

0 Kudos
Floral
Reel Rookie

Recently purchased a ROKU 40R2A5R FHD LED ROKU TV Model #40R3A5R. We have been having issues with any app we try to use reverts us back to the Home Screen after choosing a program. This is YouTube, Hulu, Prime, Paramount plus, Peacock, just to name a few. We chose this TV because we trusted the ROKU brand. The primary user of this tv is a person with cognitive disabilities who gets frustrated very easily. This TV was supposed to bring them joy. All it has done is cause much frustration. When we have the problem we do unplug it, wait a few minutes and plug it back in. This seems to work until it is turned off for the night. The next day it starts all over. Unfortunately, they are so frustrated with it that they have not been watching tv as often as they’d like, to avoid the frustration. This is completely unacceptable. I’m beginning to regret trusting the Roku name.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We are grateful for the further information regarding this issue, and our sincere apologies are extended for any inconvenience this may have caused.

From what we can tell, this appears to be a problem that is affecting a significant number of users. We are going to require your support in order for us to achieve a deeper level of comprehension regarding this case.

Could you elaborate on this for us a little bit more? Do you see a message indicating that there was an error? When did you first notice that this problem was occurring? In your efforts to find a solution to this problem, what kinds of troubleshooting actions have you tried so far?

As soon as we have a better understanding of the problem that you are encountering, we will be able to offer you the recommendations that are necessary to move forward.

Thanks for your understanding!

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
eschatolgist
Reel Rookie

John,

After working with C.S. for over an hour on the phone, they simply hung up on me. I worked with the tech person for most of that time. When it wasn't fixable, I asked for a refund. The 'budget' person said "Yes, you shouldn't pay for something you're not able to use." Then she hung up the phone, didn't call me back. Over an hour invested (another hour trying to fix it through FoxNation, which is the only channel not working). Quite displeased.

0 Kudos
Floral
Reel Rookie

Well, the tv is only about a month old and it’s been happening since we purchased it. There are no error messages or warnings. We choose an app, the app loads, we start scrolling to find a show, and we get kicked back to the Roku Home Screen. We have made sure there are no software updates available for both the tv and the apps. We have made sure the internet has a great signal. We can get it to work for a short time by unplugging the tv, waiting 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in. I say short time because it allows us to get into an app, pick a show and play. But, if we go back to the home screen and try another app it kicks us back out. It’s unfortunate that we have to continually unplug the tv. It’s very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Floral,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing the information with us, and we definitely want to look closer at the issue and help you resolve it. Since this issue has been affecting multiple channels, the issue might lie with the Roku TV itself. In this case, we recommend performing a factory reset to set your Roku in its brand-new state. Please be aware that factory resetting the Roku device will require you to re-activate the device and may ask for you to re-authenticate some channels.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Please let us know how it works. We'll continue to further assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Terr
Channel Surfer

Obviously I am having the same issue as the others. I've done everything support has suggested, factory reset and I have also went to the lengths of going to try it at another location. Roku Live TV shows are black but the is there. Is there an issue with Ultra wireless vs wired? It used to play the channels. Problem came up in July. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.