Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msb335pro
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issues that quite a few members are having today!

There are a number of apps that just aren't loading at all. Some go directly to a black screen, while others just stay locked on the title screen.

There are to many of us having this exact issue for it to be our problem. When does ROKU accept responsibility for this and admit that it's something internal from their end?

Please, enough is enough. This is beyond one or two members having a small hiccup with the ROKU. Something major is happening here.

66 REPLIES 66
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I'm having the same issues that quite a few members are having today!

Hi @msb335pro,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry for the trouble. We would be more than willing to help. Would you be so kind as to provide more information about the issue you're having so we can better understand it? 

• What channel/s are affected by the issue?
  • Is there an error message when the issue occurs?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken, and what steps to reproduce the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Mclermont
Channel Surfer

I did have the same issue

so far Pluto tv was the one station that did not load 

msb335pro
Binge Watcher

Right now, the following channels are dead in the water... Pluto, Tubi, Crackle and I'm sure a few others, but I walked away before I smashed the box with a sledge! This Ultra is less than a month old, and for it to already have issues like this leads me to lose a little confidence in the overall brand.

bluelazer
Reel Rookie

Same thing here: random affecting all Apps except Prime and Youtube.... Tubi is the worse, and then the other e.g. FX, Spectrum, Hulu  etc. hang. Steps, the usual wastes of time: remove, reinstall, restarts, chase down Wifi router DNS and all that jazz. This is a Roku issue.... (my firestick works fine)

Roku Ultra 4k

msb335pro
Binge Watcher

Totally agree this is a Roku problem. I also have a Firestick in the other room, and similar to yours, it's working just fine.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to look further into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you provide us with a photo or video of the issue that you're running into? Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mclermont
Channel Surfer

The screen in blank 

no error message no nothing just black screen 

Mclermont
Channel Surfer

My phone is working with the app but not on my Hisense tv 

and Roku chat help desk keeps telling me to contact Pluto 

I said to them there’s quite few people having an issue 

this is a Roku issue 

0 Kudos
janniwanni

Me too.  Roku channel won't let me play ANYTHING.  It just circles back to the select page.  Amazon Prime goes black when I play something and freezes up.  I have to turn off the TV to get back to the main screen.