Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We appreciate your patience while we worked with the channel provider to investigate the issue. We believe the issue is now resolved.

We would recommend checking to see if the issue you were experiencing is still occurring.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tikobird
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This just started happening to me tonight. Our account is current and I can watch Hulu on my laptop so it's a Roku problem. How can you fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @tikobird

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on Hulu or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ronk1943
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For me Hulu jumps back to ROKU screen on several of my TVs.  This started happening about 3-4 days ago.

So if it has been resolved I still need the fix.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jimbo22

Jump to solution

Danny, I have nine Rolu’s in my house. Nine separate televisions, flat screens… Trying to troubleshoot. I turned all of them on to Fox News and after about a half an hour of watching Fox News all nine of them get sent back to the Roku home screen… Been going on for about two weeks.WTF?

MooCows

Jump to solution

Same issue here, happens consistently when watching Fox News on Hulu.  Can other shows on Hulu for hours without ant exiting to roku menu.  Exits every 20-45 minutes.  While wathing FoxNews.  Started a week or two ago.  Have done full resets on 2 Rokus.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

As of today the problem is not fixed and I only seem to have it whenever I watch any Fox owned channels

0 Kudos
MichaelJNH

Jump to solution

June 12th, 7:00 am EDT, 8:00 am, 9:00 am. Still not resolved - happens every hour on the hour while watching HULU. We’re seeing it on multiple devices

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Regarding your concerns with the Hulu channel, we definitely want to help you with this. We recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device.
  2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back.

One additional suggestion we would like to recommend is to perform a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. and see if you notice any difference.
For more troubleshooting steps with any channel playback issue, visit our support article at this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted, and let us know if the issue persists.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.