Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riocielo
Channel Surfer

Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi Sir/Ma’am,

It just started today that whenever I sign in to hulu, after scrolling down after to Continue watching, it goes back to the Roku home screen.

please help. I already called hulu and they said to contact Roku because we did system restart and uninstall/install hulu and there’s no changes at all.

here are the information:

Roku device model 3920X - Roku Premiere

Serial number YHOOEV143035

Device id K430CE143035

Software OS/version 11.0.0 build 4193-91

Hulu version 6.61 build 0

thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We appreciate your patience while we worked with the channel provider to investigate the issue. We believe the issue is now resolved.

We would recommend checking to see if the issue you were experiencing is still occurring.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Riocielo

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Riocielo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

thanks for the info. I already tried again the remove-restart-reinstall now and still there’s no changes.

whenever I scroll down after the Continue watching it goes back to the roku home. Pls help🙏

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Riocielo

Thanks for the prompt response.

Have you checked other channels if the same issue occurs? Also, could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Riocielo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding.

Only hulu is the one messing up. All other streaming programs like netflix, disney plus, discovery plus, tubi, peacock, etc are all doing fine.

Now I just did what you told me about plugging the Roku into the wall outlet. And then I repeated the remove-restart-reinstall but theres still no difference.

I don’t know what’s wrong with it 🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
TamarG
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with Hulu. When I arrow down to "continue watching," it crashes back to the home screen.

But there's more to the story. Things were fine earlier this evening. Watched a program on Paramount+ with no problem. Then tried to watch something on Hoopla, but got an HDCP error. Then poked around on another channel and got another HDCP error. Pretty sure we also saw the Hulu problem at that point.

So unplugged the Roku from the TV and plugged it back in. The HDCP error went away, but since then, trying to watch on Hoopla crashes out, and Hulu is giving the behavior above.

I unplugged the Roku from the TV again, this time unplugging the USB as well. Replugged, but the problem persists. I tried a restart of the Roku. Still persists.

Details:

Model 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick

Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-50

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Riocielo

I apologize for the delay in response.

Could you please provide here the tracker ID? When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID. 

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TamarG

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Serial number, Device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Riocielo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok. Just did it. Attached below is the screenshot of ID:

35-258-796
E0AC6E47-05FB-401A-92C9-08AE3ED8873F.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Riocielo

Appreciate the reply.

I have notified the appropriate Roku team about this and they are currently investigating the issue. Once we got an update, I'll make sure to let the Community know immediately.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos