Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riocielo
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen

Jump to solution

Thank you Kariza. Will wait for the update about it. Keep me posted.

thank you🙏

TamarG
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

1) Ser #: YH00F8696322

Dev ID: 2139AF696322

2) As I said in my original message, the problem is occurring on Hulu, but we also had a problem with Hoopla. Other apps seem to be okay.

3) ID 22-259-150

4) Open Hulu

Downarrow 3x (to "Continue watching")

Boom: back to home page

Tamar 

0 Kudos
Riocielo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just for clarification:

i have the same problem on hulu, and just hulu:

Yesterday it was downarrow 3x to “continue watching” then back to home page.

but today it’s downarrow 6x after “because you watched masterchef junior” then back to home page.

thank you. Hoping for the best🙏

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TamarG

Thanks for providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sandals30
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This problem just started today. When I go to Hulu then navigate to the "Continue watching" group, as soon as it lands on the first show in that row, it takes me back to the Roku home screen. However, if I go to the search screen, I can search for the program, and it takes me to the series page and I can continue watching the shows. I have tried multiple channels and the only one affected is Hulu. I have updated the app, then removed and re-added it back with the same results. I haven't tried remove, restart, read yet, but I doubt I will have any different results than the others who have tried. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We have been having the exact same problem. As soon as I scroll to "continue watching" it kicks back to the home screen. We have tried everything above and still having to same problem.

Glad to see we are not the only ones but hope this problem is fixed soon! 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I am not seeing this here with my Hulu (don't have Hulu Live TV).  Hulu version 6.61 build 0.  This is on a Streaming Stick 4K+ (3821) and Streaming Stick+ (3810).

It may be that the problem has been corrected in a Hulu channel app update, or it may possibly affect some Roku models and not others.

If you are still having this problem, make sure you have the latest version installed via:

1. Uninstall Hulu
  2. Restart your Roku (IMPORTANT, don't skip)
  3. Reinstall Hulu.

If the problem persists, providing the following information can help pin the problem down:

1. Is this the Hulu app or is it Hulu with Live TV?
  2. What is the Hulu version number?  (Highlight Hulu tile in your channel grid and press the * key on your Roku remote).
  3. What Roku model and model number are you using?  (Settings / System / About)
  4. What Roku operating software version are you running? (Also Settings / System /About)
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TheADcarson @sandals30 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TamarG
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This problem seems to have resolved on its own for me. I'll keep an eye on it and come back to this thread if it recurs.

Tamar

0 Kudos
Riocielo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The problem was resolved on its own yesterday. The only thing I did was watch Masterchef and AGT through “keep watching” then when I tried to scroll down again it’s already resolved. Thank you. Will observe if it will happen again or not. 🙏

0 Kudos