Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlinpatt
Binge Watcher

How to turn off Continue Watching section?

I don't want a Continue Watching section at all. I keep my home page nice and clean.

I don't want to have to remove every show either.

There should just be a permanent hide toggle.

How do I turn off Continue Watching permanently?

76 REPLIES 76
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to turn off Continue Watching section?

Hi @merlinpatt,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem continuing to watch on your TV. Help is here. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Bandwidth Saver.
  5. Choose Off.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted!

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

I also would like to remove the annoying CONTINUE WATCHING section at the top of my home screen. How can we remove it completely? There's no hide/view option anywhere on this feature. Please get rid of it.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hennyfilms,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

The "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System; thus, removing it is impossible. Please be advised that some publishers control what constitutes content completion (for example, end credits are shown). Once the arrangement has been completed, the channel makes a delete request to remove the content from the Continue Watching row.

For more information on this feature's functionality, you can check it out here.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

still there

OldDuff
Reel Rookie

Allow us to get rid of it. We may not want others in the house to see what has been watched. It's a privacy violation. 

Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

This "continue watching" section at the top of my home screen is the worst new addition to Roku. I use each individual app's continue watching features and not only DO NOT WANT this cluttering up my home page but it also shows other family members what I've been watching... which is super annoying. 👎

keithx13
Streaming Star

I would like to request that Roku allow users to disable the "Continue Watching" section altogether, similar to the way that websites are required to allow people to opt out of advertising cookies.  At the very least, please allow us to "Hide" this section if we so desire.  Thanks

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @keithx13,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and we value your feedback as our valued customer. We'll send it over to the development team. Who knows? You may see your suggestion implemented in a future update. You can check out our blog for the latest news and upcoming updates.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tamnj

Nope

I've ran alot of test and turned off everything I'm required and it is impossible to stop it there are channels that will stay on day and night without getting the dreaded message are you still there or continue watching this is a roku thing and you can fix this with an update. This is horrible for disabled and elderly people it is a slap in the face had I known this I would not have purchased