Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mzbehavn
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Guide Keeps Showing

Hi Rey
I am having the same problem with the Channel Guide showing up every time I select Live TV instead of an actual channel. It started doing this a few weeks ago.  I tried to get a Tracker ID but like the other user this does not work.  I am providing the other info & a video of what happens. Thank you. 

TCL model - 55S20

Hardware ID - C147X

SN - X000007D7EKP

Device ID - S04KH08D7EKP

Software ver - 12.0.0 • build 4182-93

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users, 

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate your follow up. Rest assured that we passed along your concern to the appropriate Roku team to further investigate on this.

Once more information is available, we will make sure to update the Community.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding is very much appreciated.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bubbapcguy
Channel Surfer

3 weeks still no answer 

Hint: if you press the arrow back key the guide will also close, no need to select the channel

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bubbapcguy,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to see more of what's going on here.

Please provide us with the information below so that we'll be able to investigate this further:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

With further details, we'll be able to take a closer look at this issue. Thank you

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hnbrink
Binge Watcher

@RokuJechealR If you go back over the comments you will see that we have reported this is a TV issue, is not and cannot be a mobile issue (live TV option) and that the tracking ID cannot be created with your method on the Live TV guide. You are requesting information that has already been requested and explained how it cannot be provided.

0 Kudos
Bubbapcguy
Channel Surfer

Pressing home 5 times and the arrow back key 5 times gives me the error reporting screen on my two TLC's I sent them in this a.m.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hnbrink

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

Please be advised that we need to gather your details about your concern to investigate further.

Kindly provide the information stated above.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bubbapcguy
Channel Surfer

If you have the Roku app on a smartphone,

use it log in the TV get the screen guide up,  press the microphone option on the remote say "tracker ID" and it will pop up a tracker ID

Bubbapcguy
Channel Surfer

IMG_20230627_190358470_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230627_072558380_HDR~2.jpg

0 Kudos
Mzbehavn
Reel Rookie

That worked!!! Thank you @Bubbapcguy  Now I will send the info & see if we can get a fix. 

0 Kudos