Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joyce68
Reel Rookie

Channel Guide Keeps Showing

My TV automatically goes to the Channel Guide whenever I go from streaming to Live TV.  I do not want to see the channel guide every time I switch to my antenna TV.    It  doesn't do this when I power the TV on.  How do I get the channel guide to not show up?

39 REPLIES 39
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel Guide Keeps Showing

Hi @Joyce68,

Thanks for the inquiry about Live TV Channel Guide.

If you wish to only see TV listings for "over-the-air" channels, you can hide all the streaming TV channels from Live TV Channel Guide using the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select TV inputs
  4. Select Live TV
  5. Select Hide streaming TV channels
  6. Check the box next to Hide all

When you want to see information for streaming TV channels in Live TV Channel Guide again, repeat the steps and uncheck the box.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide | Official Roku Support

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gregorbug

This didn't solve the issue for me. I want to open antenna TV and not have the guide automatically pop up by default.

Joyce68
Reel Rookie

Same here.  EVERY time I go to antenna TV, the guide is the first thing that pops up.  There's got to be a way to stop this.

koravar

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried the solution you mentioned but it didn't work for me. Is there anything else I can try to fix the issue with the Channel Guide showing repeatedly?

im having this same issue on my philips roku tv. this just started recently. i dont like it.

hnbrink
Binge Watcher

This just started a few days ago for us as well. Previously, as soon as you went to "live tv" it would go to the first channel (for us it's ch 3) automatically. No guide. 

Now suddenly, it's the guide every time you go from a streaming channel to the live tv option. 

It does NOT do the guide when you turn on the TV. 

Restarting TV does not help. 

Whether the streaming channels show or don't show doesn't matter or help. 

Again: For the last two years we've had this tv, the guide NEVER showed up when we switched from streaming to live tv until just a few days ago. No one changed any settings on our TV at all. 

This is a TCL Roku TV. 

This didn't work it still brings up the guide on my TV 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for keeping us posted, and we appreciate the feedback provided. We'd like to see more of what's going on here.

Please provide us with the information below so that we'll be able to investigate this further:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

With further details, we'll be able to take a closer look at this issue. Thank you

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
hnbrink
Binge Watcher

@RokuERey 

I don't know what "issue" we're supposed to track when it's just the guide popping up when it didn't used to do so. What happens is that going to live TV from the main home screen now opens the guide, instead of just opening up whatever channel we were last on. Obviously it's happening to a lot of different TVs, and it's happening every single time we do it from Home to Live TV, but not when turning the TV on. 

If sharing the info will really help, sure, I'm sure we can all share, but at my house, it's on two different TVs. and there's no way to do the tracker ID because I tried the Home 5 times, Back 5 times you said to do and all it did was send me to the home screen and nothing ever popped up for any sort of Tracker ID. 

You are on Home Screen. You click "Live TV" and instead of it just opening up to a channel in the Live TV menu (like it always did before), it opens the last channel you were on with the guide superimposed over it, where you have to select the channel again just to make the guide go away and see your show/channel.