Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't play Hulu shows -- error P DEV320

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @HoneyMay4046!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you reboot the Hulu channel.

Is this an isolated case within the Hulu channel only? If so, kindly follow the steps provided below precisely to work:

• Remove channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  • Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  • Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the channel, then press Add channel

For reference and further information, kindly visit our Support article on How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If the issue persists, we highly recommend reaching out to the channel provider themselves as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel may need an update and you can reach them on their official Support website.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon so you can get back on streaming Hulu and we'll be looking forward to your update. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
acandy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What if my only options are to turn autoplay on and off? 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @acandy,

Thanks for taking your first post here in the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make effective suggestions. Could you tell us more about your concern? What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Do you observe this behavior while using other channel(s) on your device? In addition, have you tried removing the channel you observed this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel and try playing content again.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Audiebrew

Jump to solution

@dcronin135 I’m getting permission errors when trying to get to your solution as linked. Can you please repost here?  I only get playback errors on roku, not iPad or iPhone.

0 Kudos
olds97_lss

Jump to solution

Roku Guru
<u+200e>05-16-2023 11:50 PM

I got the P Dev320 error anytime I tried to watch The Great or any other Hulu original. Other TV shows and movies played fine but all Hulu originals threw up that error. I tried all the prescribed troubleshooting and none of it worked.

As weird as it sounds, what finally worked for me was going into Settings>gt;u GuDisplay Type and changing the display setting from "automatic", which included HDR10, and changing it to the setting that matched the resolution of my TV without HDR. Then, I restarted the Roku and went back into Hulu after the reboot. I don't know, maybe Hulu originals are incompatible with HDR or something but it worked and I've finally been able to watch season 3 of The Great.

I'll have to try that out with mine. I'm not sure what mine is currently set to, but I've had a few roku issues lately.

I recently found there was a Predator movie that I wasn't aware of and it's a Hulu original. I think I can buy the bluray, but I'd rather watch it and see how good it is before I do that. The movie is "Prey". When I try playing it, I get the 8 second disclaimer, then an error screen.2024-0521_122313-Snap.jpg

I've tried playing it every day for the past 3 or 4 days.

My previous issue was with NFL+. I couldn't play any games prior to 2018 Preseason Week 3. I'd go through the menu to find the next game to watch, click on it in the game list and the app would crash. I'm 46yo and never really watched football, but I started watching a couple years ago and I was watching mostly the condensed games. I was up to 2013 week 10, then all the sudden it stopped working. I went back and forth with nfl support for a few weeks, uninstalling/installing/rebooting/using special key code to clear cache/tried second roku device... nothing worked. Ended up buying a video card for my media pc to deal with a weird sound issue, as I was able to play the games on a browser or my phone, just not the NFL+ app on either roku in my house. Was annoying using the media pc with bluetooth keyboard... but I needed my NFL FIX!

The day after installing the video card, the NFL+ app started working again on the roku... at least now I know my media pc works fully with my entertainment system. Still no clue why it stopped and nfl support hadn't replied to my last email in over 2 weeks. So I'm glad it's working.

0 Kudos
Mssy

Jump to solution

Thanks! It works!! I was about to pull my hair out. 

0 Kudos
miaeon

Jump to solution

Worked! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.