Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't play Hulu shows -- error P DEV320

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @arrmo.

Since you've already done all of the troubleshooting steps provided to no avail, we highly recommend reaching out to their Customer Support for further advice regarding this matter. Please be advised that they run a different operating system inside the Roku streaming platform. So, it may be possible that you are not having any playback issues from a different device. It's best to reach out to them for clarification and further assistance. You can also contact their direct line at 1-888-265-6650.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arrmo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Do you happen to have any better contacts at Hulu? Asking because every time I try ... it's at least an hour, and I never get in touch with anyone even remotely competent :-(.

Thanks!

Jump to solution

My ps4 and Roku not countening

0 Kudos
Macneale

Jump to solution

Customer support has no solution other than, unplug router-tv,clear cache, reinstall app etc. It is a complete waste of time working with Customer support.  My internet provider indicated Hulu requires static IP, and they need to whitelist the IP address.

If you want to waste 3 hours, call Hulu support,  my solution was to cancel hulu.

0 Kudos
arrmo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agreed - their “support” is useless. Sigh.

Did whitelisting help?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@arrmo, I don't have Hulu, but researching this error which happens on all devices, not just Roku devices, one suggestion I saw that I haven't seen mentioned here is to change the DNS settings in the router to something like 8.8.8.8 or any non-ISP DNS server.  I think a lot of these issues are ISP related, although I'm sure they'd deny it.  More and more ISPs are locking down router settings, which makes me more suspicious of them and not likely to ever use a router supplied by an ISP.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
arrmo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was wondering that also! Tried it, but no improvement. I am using Cloudflare (i.e. 1.1.1.1), but - Roku OS and Windows (Chrome) fail ... on the same network (and same DNS), macOS + Safari work fine. But ... Safari is HLS, the others are mpeg-dash. Thinking this is the issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Doug67

Jump to solution

I too had the same problem trying to watch Only Murders In The House.  After trying everything else - even spent an hour on the phone with Roku tech support - I stumbled on your post.  Bingo!

Roku really needs to add this to their troubleshooting list.

0 Kudos
arrmo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Sorry, but ... what worked for you? Still having issues with DVR items 😞

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Elilidh

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the tip!  It worked like a charm.  

0 Kudos