Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanderhe

Britbox Can't Play

Jump to solution
I subscribed to Britbox about 2 days ago. I can't play anything. When I try, it says "Subscribe". I am logged in to Britbox. If I click on Subscribe anyway and try to subscribe again it says you are already subscribed. I see this was first reported about two years ago. So I'm guessing there's a fix or something I need to do. Britbox help was not helpful...
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Britbox Can't Play

Jump to solution
@Vanderhe 

Thanks for the note. I would suggest removing the channel from the Roku home screen once more, restarting your device, then installing the channel once more. 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/143088/britbox

When you first launch the BritBox channel, there should be a settings menu in the far upper righthand corner (looks like a user icon) which has an option to 'Sign-in' within. Click on this option. You may see a pop up asking you to create an account, but you should be able to click 'Cancel' and return to the option you just selected and manually type in your email/password. 

If you don't remember your password, try clicking the 'Forgot password' link and put in your Roku account email address. You should receive an email thereafter which will assist you in resetting your password. Then, you should be able to login from there. 

Let us know if you need any further help!

Thanks,
Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Britbox has not yet been made available by the channel provider in the UK on the Roku platform. Each channel provider determines the regions in which their channel is available on the Roku platform.

Please reach out to Britbox directly for any inquiries or updates, and to share your interest in seeing their channel available on Roku in your location. The channel will only become available once the channel provider authorizes the channel for publishing in additional locations.  

Thanks,

Tanner

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No option to uninstall Britbox

Jump to solution

Hi @Susba,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

When you are ready to remove or uninstall a channel, first determine if the channel has a subscription and whether that subscription is billed to your Roku account.

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account
  3. Select Manage Your Subscriptions

If the channel you want to remove is listed on this page, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

• Note:
    • If a subscription is canceled before the end of the billing cycle, you can continue to access the channel until the current billing cycle ends.
    • Channels cannot be removed at Roku.com.

Removing channels from within the Roku Channel Store

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store
  3. Locate the channel you wish to remove and press OK OK button on Roku remote on your remote
    • Tip: A checkmark appears in the bottom right-hand corner identifying an installed channel.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted

Removing channels from within your channel lineup

1. Press Home home button on your Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove
  3. Press Star star button on your Roku remote on your remote to open the Options menu
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
58 REPLIES 58
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
@Vanderhe 

Thanks for the note. I would suggest removing the channel from the Roku home screen once more, restarting your device, then installing the channel once more. 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/143088/britbox

When you first launch the BritBox channel, there should be a settings menu in the far upper righthand corner (looks like a user icon) which has an option to 'Sign-in' within. Click on this option. You may see a pop up asking you to create an account, but you should be able to click 'Cancel' and return to the option you just selected and manually type in your email/password. 

If you don't remember your password, try clicking the 'Forgot password' link and put in your Roku account email address. You should receive an email thereafter which will assist you in resetting your password. Then, you should be able to login from there. 

Let us know if you need any further help!

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Vanderhe

Jump to solution
Thanks Tanner,

Britbox figured it out. They said my subscription was a "partial subscription". This means I had subscribed, but did not enter a credit card. I somehow thought the credit card Roku has on file would be used. My bad. So I re-subscribed, entered the credit card info and all is good now.

Randy
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
Glad to hear they were able to help you get things sorted out! 

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Cheers,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Waldegrave

Can’t find britbox in channels - UK

Jump to solution

Hi I’m in the UK and my Roku box can’t find britbox channel it says not available in my region, but I know it has launched 

[post merged into already existing thread]

JY

Re: Can’t find britbox in channels - UK

Jump to solution
Me neither. Nothing showing in the search on the stick. And when I search using the site it says ‘not available in your region’.
0 Kudos
kboro

Re: Can’t find britbox in channels - UK

Jump to solution

I also have the same issue

0 Kudos
David46

Jump to solution

When I try and add britbox UK I get a message saying it's not available in my region, but I'm in the UK.

0 Kudos
Wendy1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s the same with me. Anyone know when it will be available

0 Kudos
Jiggsy

Britbox won’t play on my new roku unit

Jump to solution
I have a paid subscription to Britbox. I upgraded to roku premiere and I can’t open any shows. It asks me to subscribe and then tells me I have a subscription. Called Britbox and they said it’s my device.
0 Kudos