Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Innadaze
Channel Surfer

Half Light- the movie is skipping around. How can this be fixed?

I’m trying to watch the movie “Half Light”. It keeps replaying segments over and skipping around. There is obviously a defect with the recoding that is loaded on the Roku network. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Half Light- the movie is skipping around. How can this be fixed?

@Innadaze

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you watching this content on? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? When do you see this occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Innadaze
Channel Surfer

Open the Roku App.and go to The Roku Channel. Search for the movie “Half Light” from 2006 with Demi Moore, and play the movie. It skips around and repeats scenes. It’s not the app. It’s not my equipment. It’s the recording itself. The time stamp does not skip around, so that’s not the issue either. 
Please let me know if you see the issue while watching this movie. 
Thanks! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Innadaze

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you using the Roku Channel on your Roku device or are you referring to the Roku App on a mobile device? When does this skipping around occur (timestamp)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Innadaze
Channel Surfer

I am using the Roku device on my television. I am using the Roku app. Here’s what I want someone else to try and tell me if you get the same results. It should only take 10-15 minutes into the movie to determine that the recording that is loaded into the Roku network is defective. Search for the movie “Half Light” on Roku App. Play the movie. Let me know if you’re seeing the same results. The movie skips scenes and repeats scenes.

Rosedeg

@ Innadaze or Danny R at Roku, did you get your issue on the movie skipping around resolved? I'm having the same problem. Please help! It's happened with several movies. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rosedeg

Thanks for the post.

Can you please see my previous post request regarding the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Innadaze
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R did you load the movie and watch it as I suggested? It will only take 15 minutes of your time to figure it out. Let’s discuss this. 

0 Kudos
Innadaze
Channel Surfer

I just tried watching the movie “Half Light” on my phone app from the Roku network. 3:30 minutes in and it’s already repeating itself. Not the time stamp skipping around. Just wondering if the Roku team even read these posts or look into any of this. Doesn’t seem that difficult. I know y’all are really busy. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Innadaze

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos