Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Britbox Can't Play

Jump to solution

Hey @DiKGal

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Susba

No option to uninstall Britbox

Jump to solution

Same problem.  When I choose *, I do not get the option to uninstall it as that was what I wanted to try first.  I also cannot uninstall it from the Roku.com website when I go to my account or channel store.  Now what.  Two days, then I unsubscribe.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No option to uninstall Britbox

Jump to solution

Hi @Susba,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

When you are ready to remove or uninstall a channel, first determine if the channel has a subscription and whether that subscription is billed to your Roku account.

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account
  3. Select Manage Your Subscriptions

If the channel you want to remove is listed on this page, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

• Note:
    • If a subscription is canceled before the end of the billing cycle, you can continue to access the channel until the current billing cycle ends.
    • Channels cannot be removed at Roku.com.

Removing channels from within the Roku Channel Store

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store
  3. Locate the channel you wish to remove and press OK OK button on Roku remote on your remote
    • Tip: A checkmark appears in the bottom right-hand corner identifying an installed channel.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted

Removing channels from within your channel lineup

1. Press Home home button on your Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove
  3. Press Star star button on your Roku remote on your remote to open the Options menu
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Trog45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Before doing the unsubscribe & then remove... I would think I would lose my ability to renew at the old lower rate?!?  The Britbox subscription screen is now $10 higher...  why should I pay more due to a system "glitch"?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Trog45 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: BritBox Help & Support

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Trog45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Kariza,

Not exactly helpful on the part of Roku there...  From my perspective, I PAID YOU (Roku) for the service, do you not accept any responsibility for insuring that as YOUR client I receive the services I paid YOU for??

And, I have already sent Britbox an inquiry as well but no response yet.

Thanks,

Martin.

0 Kudos
Trog45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Finally resolved via Britbox chat on the website...  what a CF of non-excellence....

Good luck everyone.

0 Kudos
Rick22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

how did you resolve it--I contacted britbox and roku--each just pointed fingers at the other.  I have update my system (which was current), deleted and reinstalled britbox but nothing works.  

0 Kudos
Trog45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Way back when we first signed up for britbox, (a year ago) the wife had done it via website and under her email... but when we tried to access it didn't work & they also never charged her.   So, a week or so later I went in via roku & signed up again... but somehow the britbox account continued to be still under the wife's email address. NOT my email that is tied to Roku box.  Last week, things went sideways?? Fast forward to this week and luckily, the britbox chat support was smart enough to look for accounts tied to our roku serial # & found her email.  Updated password & good to go.  Roku britbox app now lets you choose the email to sign in with.  Things seemed ok...

But not done yet, Roku charges me for a renewal of britbox on the right day a few days later.  But then a couple days later I get automated emails from Roku that my britbox has been cancelled & they are issuing a refund?!?  WTF??  Chat with Roku again & after a bit more confusion on both our parts, the tech turns my auto-renewal back on.  I watched an episode of Wild Bill last night... we will see how long it keeps working since my renewal $ did get refunded last night?!?  Again, what a Cluster F... of non-excellence.

0 Kudos