Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zchurch22
Channel Surfer

SD card not detected in indoor camera SE

Jump to solution

SD Card isn’t recognized by cam. It’s compatible, brand new, never used. Format is correct. Cam will recognize card for a split second when I restart it & then rejects it, gives an error message & goes back to greyed out & says insert a SD card. I have restarted router, & cam multiple times. WiFi connection is great. Camera & router are in close proximity. WiFi works fine. Cam is also brand new and unused too. 
#indoor camera se

please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: SD card not detected in indoor camera SE

Jump to solution

Hi @Zchurch22,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku indoor camera since it will not recognize the SD card. We're happy to assist you further. Please make sure that the Roku camera and Roku smart home app are up-to-date. If the problem still persists, ensure that you're using a FAT-32 format that is 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB SD card.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Zchurch22,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku indoor camera since it will not recognize the SD card. We're happy to assist you further. Please make sure that the Roku camera and Roku smart home app are up-to-date. If the problem still persists, ensure that you're using a FAT-32 format that is 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB SD card.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoJumpJackFlash
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My problem is similar. I have four new 256GB SDs for four Indoor Camera SEs. In each case I disconnected power from camera and inserted SD card. When I powered up camera, it recognized SD card and I formatted it. However, when I powered down camera, then powered it back up, camera would not recognize SD card. I've tried removing and reinstalling SD cards, restarting cameras, but nothing works to make the cameras again recognize their SD cards. All other functions of cameras work perfectly. What do I do?

Jump to solution

TRIED ALL THESE ALREADY, STILL SAME ISSUE! ERRR. IS THIS WHY THEY WERE ON SALE/DISCOUNTED? IM ABOUT TO RETURN THEM ALL!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @MIKEY921HCO 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that your Roku Indoor Camera is not detecting your SD card, and we're here to assist.

If your Roku indoor camera isn't detecting your SD card, you can try formatting the card using the Roku smart home app:

Keep in mind that formatting results in any existing data being deleted. Make sure to back up any files you want to save before formatting the micro SD card from the smart home mobile app or your PC or Mac.

1. Select your camera from the Home screen
  2. Tap Settings in the corner
  3. Select Advanced settings
  4. Tap Manage MicroSD card or MicroSD storage
  5. Tap Format
  6. Acknowledge that you understand that all data will be erased and tap Format again

You can also format the card on Windows or MacOS, but if your computer doesn't have a micro SD slot, you may need to use a memory card adapter.

If the issue persists, you can try another SD card to see if it detects the new one to see on which aspect has the issue.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to install a micro SD card in your Roku Smart Home camera

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zchurch22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi You can’t format the SD card in the smart home app when the camera doesn’t even recognize that it’s been inserted!! 

Zchurch22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB It has not helped whatsoever. I’m very unhappy with the poor performance of this camera at this point. Manual says the indoor camera SE can have SD card that is higher then just 32GB. Are you saying that’s not right? 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted @Zchurch22 

All Roku Smart Home cameras support micro SD cards up to a 256GB except for the Outdoor Camera SE. This camera along with its base station are limited to cards ranging from 8GB to 32GB. When a micro SD card is installed in the base station, it is used to back up recordings from the outdoor camera.

Additionally, we recommend trying another SD card to see if you notice any difference.

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Newbie5

Jump to solution

SD card no longer detected after card is full. This problem arose after that update in July, I believe. Prior to that update,  card would just start to overwrite the oldest data after it filled up. But now, one must format the card in a computer after it fills up and then reinsert it into the camera.  When will this problem be resolved?? This is very inconvenient. Please advise us on the timeline for a fix for this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Zchurch22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi has made no difference. & now my events won’t play back. I have tried to contact support on this 3x with one being disconnected and twice being straight up IGNORED on chat. Agent wouldn’t reply. I’m fed up !!! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.