Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibounceparty
Reel Rookie

Roku indoor camera not recording events after trial

I have the same issue.  After some research it appears that the Roku cameras will only send sporadic notifications once your 2 week trial is over.  It may work a few days then stop working for a few weeks.  I have not been able to find anyone who has been able to fix this.  Really sucks because the main reason I bought my cameras was to know if someone entered my building while I was not there. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
ibounceparty
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku indoor camera not recording events after trial

I am just wondering if you was able to find a solution to this?  If so please update us.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ibounceparty,
Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku community, and welcome!

We notice you're having the same problem with your Smart Home device and are unable to get event alerts, and we'd like to assist.

In certain circumstances, reinstalling the app might assist. Then, resetting it and ensuring that notifications are enabled in both the main menu of the Roku Smart Home app and the camera settings.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jhartal

Same for me, what a waste of money.  Just needed alerts for motion and get nothing since free trial over😡

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jhartal,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for bringing this concern directly to us!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku indoor camera SE. Please check if the notification on your Roku smart home app is on, as well as if the push notification is enabled, and ensure that the Roku smart home app is allowed to send notifications on your device.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
belair865

Same thing here. No notifications at all after trail period 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @belair865 

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you've been experiencing with the notification on your Roku Smart Home app. No worries! We'd be happy to help you with this.

On the Roku Smart Home app, navigate to Home > Camera> Event recordings > Check if the Motion and Sound events are turned on > Back to Settings and Restart Camera.

Let us know how it goes so we can continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QuezG

what to do if all notifications on & its still not alerting or recording events

0 Kudos

If you are here in June 2024, this is still an issue. I got my camera last year and the 1 week free trial was great. Once that trial ended, I never got a notification again, and my camera does not record anything. My landlord is selling my apartment building, so the realtor has been in the apartment several times. I work a full time job, and I also have severe anxiety, so I was hoping to get this **bleep** camera working, but no. I chatted with support twice, doing the same troubleshooting twice. I have the app on both my (brand new at the time) iPhone 15 and my iPad. Both were getting notifications. Both stopped at the same time. The rep insisted it was my issue, on both of my devices. The 2nd time I chatted, I told him there are a lot of online threads talking about how the notifications stop after the free trial ends, and he claimed he has never heard of this. He even asked if I wanted to pay for a subscription since it worked when I had a subscription. I asked him if he realizes that advertising that you do not need a paid subscription, only to find out you do indeed need a subscription, is false advertising and he didn't respond. I will chalk it up as false advertising, as I have yet to find a thread with a solution/fix. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.