Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FC75
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Indoor Camera not able to detect a person motion

Still no resolution Roku

0 Kudos

I've had the camera for 4 days and I am having the same issue. Roku needs to fix this 

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bobandvalle,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that your Roku Camera is not detecting a motion. No worries, I'm more than happy to assist you with this.

Please follow the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps by @RokuJohnB it can help you to resolve the issue.

In addition, I suggest to try the following:

1. Uninstall the Roku Smart Home app and reinstall it again.
  2. Check if you have an active subscription for Roku Smart Home Camera.
  3. If you don't have an active subscription, kindly visit our support article: How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription for cameras & doorbells

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

This has been going on for a little over a month now , enough is enough Tolu fix this!

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

It’s not the app, it’s the firmware that roku rolled out, hundreds of people are experiencing problems with their cameras but we keep getting troubleshooting tips that don’t work and customer service who don’t respond to logs in the app. 

0 Kudos
Chasity674
Reel Rookie

Been having the same issues for the last month, I have restarted my camera, disconnected it from my app, deleted and redownloaded the app. Toggled the detection bar etc. I paid for a subscription and can’t even use my camera properly! This is ridiculous, about to switch to another brand!

FC75
Streaming Star

@Roku, we should not be charged because the cameras have not worked right. We’re tired of the troubleshooting answers that does not help. Roll back the build and keep it there until you have absolutely fixed what’s wrong in the new build. We deserve refunds and suspension of the monthly subscriptions until this is rectified. I cannot go out and get more cameras, I’m Really tight with money right now. Suspend our subscriptions and fix this, it’s been too long already!

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

yes, this is a Firmware failure not a troubleshooting fix. It's Firmware 6.0.0 build 32-FD and has affected all the devices it's been forced in. Since July they have continued rolling it out and for some reason haven't addressed the issues with it. Check your devices, if you have this firmware, then that is the problem. Even buying new roku cameras won't fix it because they will just update to this firmware in a few days and become useless. It's very bizarre.

FC75
Streaming Star

Exactly right 

Chasity674
Reel Rookie

This is the firmware that’s on it! This is crazy, glad you said something about purchasing new ones! I almost did but I think I’m going to go with a different brand. Thank you for your comment!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.