Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FC75
Streaming Star

Roku Indoor Camera not able to detect a person motion

I am having somewhat the same issue. My indoor camera is not detecting people only sound. I restarted it 3 times I even unplugged for 30 minutes. Once it comes back it’s fine then it acts up again.  My outside camera works fine. This started yesterday. Is there a software issue here Roku?

21 REPLIES 21
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Roku Indoor Camera not able to detect a person motion

Hi @FC75,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku indoor camera since it was not able to detect a person. We're happy to help. Please try to restart your Roku Camera. Check if there are any scheduled rules that might affect notifications. Sign out and sign back in from the Roku Smart Home app. Uninstall and re-install the Roku Smart Home app.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Indoor Camera not able to detect a person motion

I have done all of the trouble shooting and more. It seems like there’s a software issue since I’m not the only one experiencing problems with the indoor cameras. I have restarted, unplugged even for hours, once it’s back on, it’s fine then it’s happening again almost instantly. Now it seems you have to be right on the camera to be detected. I have no rules on either camera. My outside camera is fine, I’m getting notifications on everything, just not with the indoor camera. 

0 Kudos
monty643
Channel Surfer

roku has yet to address this problem and has given no one an actual fix. they screwed us all!!! 

Jakers24
Reel Rookie

Experiencing this as of now no motion detection since Saturday ! Unplugged camera 

signed in and out of app checked all my notifications and rules and can not find the issue 

FC75
Streaming Star

It’s definitely a software issue, I wish Roku would address it instead of telling us over and over again the troubleshooting steps. A lot of people rely on their cameras for safety. I’m surprised at Roku, I’ve been a customer over YEARS. I guess at this point we just wait until the person fixes the software. It needs to be fast

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be delighted to assist you further with this issue you have with the Roku indoor camera. It was not able to detect a person's motion. Please try the steps below.

1. Select your device from the Home screen. Make sure your camera is on and you can view the live stream.
  2. Tap Settings in the corner.
  3. Select Event recordings.
  4. Toggle on Record motion events.
  5. Select Smart detection events instead of All motion events.
  6. TapSmart detection.

image.png

7. Toggle off the event types you do not wish to record.

image.png

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

I have done that, still the same thing. And now I’m getting notifications time stamped from my outside camera from a an hour ago! This started today and just now noticed it, my outside camera worked fine this morning, but notifications from an hour ago?! Roku please fix your software. Your customers know it’s not from our end, it’s on Rokus end. Please fix this

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

There’s still no change to the indoor cameras. Roku should at least recognize that the problem is on their end. Too many customers are complaining about the same thing so it’s definitely an issue on their end. No one has replied to the log I sent in through the app.

Jakers24
Reel Rookie

No change and can’t even restart the camera says something went wrong !! What’s the point in this service when you can’t even use it ?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.