Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyaYaz
Reel Rookie

how to cancel subscription for a free trial channel before it starts to charge me?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I signed up for free trial of Apple TV on December, which would give me 3 months of free subscription before it automatically subscribe me.

I binge watched the 3 series I was interested in and now, I am not interested to keep the channel. I want to make sure that in about 2 months, I won't be charged for subscription. I went to "manage subscription" and it tells me the following:

"Active Subscriptions

You don't have any active subscriptions or free trials."

So, as I am still able to watch this channel, which means I still have the free trial, while Roku tells me I don't have any free trials.

How do I guarantee I won't be charged for Apple TV subscription?

Thanks,
Roya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: how to cancel subscription for a free trial channel before it starts to charge me?

Jump to solution

Hello @RoyaYaz

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: how to cancel subscription for a free trial channel before it starts to charge me?

Jump to solution

Hello @RoyaYaz

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RoyaYaz Since you have checked your subscriptions and you don't have any in your Roku account you likely signed up somewhere else.  I would login to your Apple + account and see if you have an option to cancel or unsubscribe there.

0 Kudos
RoyaYaz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi HDMIGuy,

Thanks for reply.

The free trial offer was for Roku owners and I did it on my Roku ultra. When I started the free trial of Apple TV on my Roku ultra, the agreement stated that once the 3-month trial is over, it is will automatically subscribe me. I just wanted to make sure that that won't happen.

But I will check my Apple account, just in case. Thanks for your suggestion.

Roya

0 Kudos
RoyaYaz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

Thanks for your suggestion.

But that is exactly what I did. I logged on to my Roku account, and used "manage my subscription" and that is how I got to the page that tells me I don't have any subscription or free trials.

Best regards,

Roya

0 Kudos
RiKudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you opt to cancel your 3-month free subscription to Apple TV, you will need to contact Apple TV about it. Though you received an offer from Roku, Apple TV can only manage it for you. Managing an Apple TV subscription means canceling and having some other billing concerns. Apple TV is a third-party channel and can only be managed through Apple TV.

0 Kudos
yel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do I cancel free trials before I am charge

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @yel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

How to turn off auto-renew and cancel channel subscriptions on your Roku streaming device

Channel subscriptions purchased through Roku can also be canceled on your Roku streaming device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Highlight the channel you want to cancel.
  3. Press Star on your remote to open the options menu.
  4. Select Manage subscription.
  5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription.
  6. To confirm, select Cancel subscription
  7. Select Done

How to turn off auto-renew and cancel subscriptions on your computer or mobile device

To turn off auto-renew and cancel subscriptions purchased with Roku Pay or through The Roku Channel, go to Manage your subscriptions in your Roku account.

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions.
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active Subscriptions.
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew.
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process, and select Continue to cancel.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos