Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bblocker

Re: Parental control PIN doesn't work.

Jump to solution

Yes, this just happened to me too, and will get rid of the Roku if this isn't fixed immediately 

tracker 24-150-797

0 Kudos
kristine2

Parental controls PIN not working

Jump to solution

I have set up my Roku devices with a PIN being required for adding channels and purchases.  My son was able to add a channel on the Roku by entering any 4 random numbers when the PIN was prompted.  I have multiple Roku devices and I tested this on each one and the same thing happened, using random numbers.  I logged on to my account at Roku.com and it is set correctly to require a PIN, but the device is allowing channels to be added without the correct PIN.

0 Kudos

Re: Parental controls PIN not working

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kristine2 @Jessicaross577

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

As you may notice that we are already aware of this problem. We'd like to gather more information to help our support team investigate this issue further. Can you provide us with the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
kimgio23
Reel Rookie

Re: Wrong PIN can be used to download channels

Jump to solution

Replying for the follow as I am having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Sramey24

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. My son downloads things that are not good for a 6 year old. How can we get this fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @makaiguy,

Saw your post!

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured, I have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll let the Community know.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mdoberstein
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ID 39-153-590 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mdoberstein,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? 

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F-

Correcting typo in earlier post:

Will accept any entry as PIN:

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821X
Roku OS 11.5.0 - Build 4312-CU
Serial X01700J3N4CD
Device ID S09T4193N4CD
Tracker ID  CD-150-736

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos