Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cccrrrooo
Reel Rookie

Parental control PIN doesn't work (or rather ANY pin works).

Jump to solution

This is still happening to me today.  My son can install whatever apps he wants using any random 4-digit pin.  Please fix!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Parental control PIN doesn't work.

Jump to solution

Hi @cccrrrooo,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about the behavior you have experienced, and we're sorry for the trouble. Have you made sure to set the parental controls for purchases and adding channels? If not, we suggest setting it up and seeing if there have been restrictions applied with the pin that was set up in your Roku device. For more information, kindly refer to this link: How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cccrrrooo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I have it set for purchases and apps. And the Roku does prompt for a pin when adding a channel.  The issue is just that you can enter ANY 4-digit pin and it downloads the channel. I added several channels yesterday, each with a different pin entered, and they were all successful.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cccrrrooo,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Could you confirm with us if you're still experiencing the issue at the moment? 

Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.