Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized charges from Disney Electro

Jump to solution

I was automatically billed for Disney Electro 3 times at $83.55, $114.88, and $139.99.  I cannot find where I even have an account or where I'm even subscribed to this.  How can I resolve this and unsubscribe and receive a refund?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unrecognized charges from Disney Electro

Jump to solution

Hi @898262,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We have noticed that you are being billed for Disney Plus without your authorization. We are more than happy to help you with your concern. 

As a Disney+ subscriber, you have the flexibility to cancel or change your subscription at any time. It's important to note that canceling your Disney+ subscription won't result in the deletion of your Disney+ account or the Disney account associated with other products and experiences offered by The Walt Disney Company. In this case, Disney Plus is managed, maintained, and regulated by the channel itself. The best course of action to take is to contact the Channel provider directly for further assistance. 

Please let us know if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @898262,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We have noticed that you are being billed for Disney Plus without your authorization. We are more than happy to help you with your concern. 

As a Disney+ subscriber, you have the flexibility to cancel or change your subscription at any time. It's important to note that canceling your Disney+ subscription won't result in the deletion of your Disney+ account or the Disney account associated with other products and experiences offered by The Walt Disney Company. In this case, Disney Plus is managed, maintained, and regulated by the channel itself. The best course of action to take is to contact the Channel provider directly for further assistance. 

Please let us know if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Just got a charge to my account for $158.81 for Roku for Disney+ Elec; although, now I realize that the Roku charge for $15.99 every month is also bogus as I do not have any subscriptions within the Roku app (according to my records, and the billing representative that I'm on with as well.)  So I have cancelled my debit card so nothing will go through, ugh, that's going to be a pain.

0 Kudos
Treize13

Please stop taking money from my account for roku for Disney electro.

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please stop taking money from my account for roku for Disney electro.

Jump to solution

@Treize13, you're not going to get that done here.  Log into your account at https://my.roku.com using the email address that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About and you should be able to manage any subscriptions you have through Roku there.  If you still have a problem, contact account/billing support at https://support.roku.com/contactus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AliciaJ

Jump to solution

Same thing happening to me now 

0 Kudos
Jimbo015
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

same thing happening to me. 

Contacted Disney, They have no record of my account (even though they send a login authorization code to the same email). They said to contact Roku.

Called Roku. They said they have no record and to contact Disney. I got a partner subscriber ID to give to Disney. 

Called Disney again. The partner subscription ID is not even in a format that they recognize. They can't help and said to call Roku.

Meanwhile, I'm getting charged $13.99 for a service I no longer want and can't cancel.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Jimbo015 Can you login to your Disney account on a computer?  If you can login on a computer go to the upper right corner and click on your icon.  You should be able to see who is managing your subscription.

0 Kudos
Jimbo015
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

nope. When I try to login on my computer, it doesn't log me in. Rather, it sends me to the generic home screen where it wants me to choose a streaming plan. 

0 Kudos
Wilmab
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was charged $8.47 for Roku for Disney electrroni on my green dot card and I don't know why I don't even have Disney 

0 Kudos