Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hosshughes

Roku cannot verify my debit card

Jump to solution

I have a debit card that last night I tried to put in as my primary payment method however there wasn't any funds in the account so it declined it as a payment method.....

NOW, TODAY it DOES have money in the account but Roku is still telling me that it can not verify my card as a payment method.

WHY IS THIS WHEN THERE ARE FUNDS ON THE CARD???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku cannot verify my debit card

Jump to solution

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community, @Hosshughes.

We understand you're having trouble updating the payment method on your Roku account. Don't worry, we got you!

If you're encountering this issue while updating your payment method, you may want to consider reviewing the following steps below to make sure you're doing the right thing; try reentering your payment method:

You can update your payment information via the website by...

1. Signing in to your Roku account
  2. Go to Payment methods
  3. Choose a payment method to add, change, or remove

You can also update your payment method through your Roku device by using the following:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Payment method
  4. Select Add payment method or Update payment method and provide the required information.
  5. For credit or debit card: enter your payment information in each field as it appears on your credit or debit card and select Save card
  6. For Paypal: a link will be sent connecting to your PayPal account

For more troubleshooting steps, kindly visit this support FAQ on How to update your Roku payment method
Please let us know if you need anything else.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community, @Hosshughes.

We understand you're having trouble updating the payment method on your Roku account. Don't worry, we got you!

If you're encountering this issue while updating your payment method, you may want to consider reviewing the following steps below to make sure you're doing the right thing; try reentering your payment method:

You can update your payment information via the website by...

1. Signing in to your Roku account
  2. Go to Payment methods
  3. Choose a payment method to add, change, or remove

You can also update your payment method through your Roku device by using the following:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Payment method
  4. Select Add payment method or Update payment method and provide the required information.
  5. For credit or debit card: enter your payment information in each field as it appears on your credit or debit card and select Save card
  6. For Paypal: a link will be sent connecting to your PayPal account

For more troubleshooting steps, kindly visit this support FAQ on How to update your Roku payment method
Please let us know if you need anything else.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

**bleep**ing asshats.  Just bought from Walmart.  Won't let me hit HOME to update settings, and I can't sign in to **bleep**ing update because I'm setting up an account for the first **bleep**ing time.  EVERY OTHER SITE ON THE PLANET takes my Visa, but your site won't validate it so I can't get in. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@hlowellestate, create your account without a credit card.  It's not necessary and most people would advise to avoid subscribing to anything through a third party like Roku.  If you can't find the "skip" step, go directly to the site:

https://www.roku.com/signup/nocc

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos