Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged for Peacock, not subscribed/unable to cancel

Jump to solution

I'm having recurring charges from peacock but don't have an active subscription to the channel. The support page on support.roku.com will not work for me every time I attempt to use it (stuck on loading on the "Let's get in touch" page; I need either a phone number or email address to get in contact with an agent directly.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Getting charged for Peacock, not subscribed/unable to cancel

Jump to solution

Hi @Sillyrn,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We also recommend that you course this through our Account, Payments & Subscription Support team here so they may be able to appropriately assist you with this matter.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @mj7484,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your unrecognized charge with Peacock. We're pleased to assist.

If you find charges you don’t recognize on your Roku® account or payment method or other charge that you want to dispute, try the following before contacting Roku Customer Support.

Confirm that your subscription is managed through Roku and not through another provider. Roku never charges for a Roku account or for customer support services.

Determine whether the subscription is managed by Roku

On your billing statement, check how the charges appear. All transactions from Roku will appear on your billing statement as “Roku,” “Roku for <app/provider>,” or "The Roku Channel."

If “Roku,” “Roku for,” or "The Roku Channel" is not referenced, it’s not a charge from Roku. For more information about a charge that didn’t come from Roku, contact your bank or card issuer.

Some subscriptions are managed directly by other streaming service providers (such as Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, and Sling) and not by Roku. You must reach out to that service provider directly with any billing questions. If you need to contact the service provider about a subscription, you can use our list of channel providers’ support websites.

You can check whether a subscription is managed by Roku by checking in your Roku account, on your Roku streaming device, in the Roku mobile app, or on your bank statement. Transactions from Roku will appear from either “Roku," "Roku for <Channel Partner>,” or "The Roku Channel" in your Roku purchase history as well as in your banking statement. If “Roku," “Roku for <Channel Partner>,” or "The Roku Channel" is not referenced, it’s not a charge from Roku.

On the Roku website:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com and go to My subscriptions
  2. This page shows your subscriptions managed by Roku and options to either update them or turn off auto-renew to cancel them

On your Roku streaming device:

1. Press the Home  button  on your Roku remote
  2. To find options to manage your subscription, you can do so in one of the following ways:
  • From the Home screen
    • Use the arrow buttons on your remote to hover over and highlight the app that you want more information about
    • Press the Star 

button  on your remote
    • Once you’ve accessed options, select Manage Subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options

If there’s a subscription you don’t recognize, it’s a good idea to review your purchase history to determine what the charge could be, such as:

• A charge from a free trial for a streaming subscription service that you didn’t cancel. Free streaming subscription trials automatically turn into paid subscriptions that are billed on a recurring basis. To avoid being charged for a subscription, you must cancel your subscription on or before the last day of the free trial period. If the charge is for a subscription that you no longer want, you can cancel the subscription to prevent future charges.
  • A family member or roommate who shares your Roku device made a purchase without your knowledge. If you share your Roku device with others, you may want to create a PIN to protect against unauthorized purchases in the future.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cancel Peacock via Roku. I've tried all suggestions and am losing it

Jump to solution

Hi, @nomas.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to assist you in canceling your subscription.

Have you tried checking the email address associated with your device? This might be the reason why you cannot see the subscription on your account. 

Here are the steps to check the email address on your streaming device: Home > Settings > System > About.

You may also follow these steps to review your subscription:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com
  2. Go toPurchase history & invoices
  3. Review your invoices forContent or Products

If you still can't locate the subscription on your account, you may contact our Account and Billing Support team for further assistance. Visit the Account and Billing page and select the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. You'll have an option to chat or call us.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

20 REPLIES 20
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @832emanresu,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried clearing your cookies or cache or reloading the web browser or using a different one to access the Account-Billing Support page? Do you have a computer you can access the website with? As our billing Support, they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@832emanresu Have you logged into your Roku account on a phone or computer and checked your subscriptions?  If the subscription is listed you can unsubscribe there.  If you are able to login to your Roku account and the subscription is not listed, then the charge is not from Roku.

0 Kudos
Sillyrn

Jump to solution

Same issue had to resubscribe to cancel again but was charged for almost a year! 

I want a refund no I want logged in anywhere else 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sillyrn,

We also recommend that you course this through our Account, Payments & Subscription Support team here so they may be able to appropriately assist you with this matter.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm being charged for Peacock too and I don't have it. I canceled it. I was told they couldn't find my account but that they needed some numbers of my banking out , a screen shot of the charges, and some other things. I really have a problem with this. They can't find my account, email!? They taking my money. Something fishy. 

knorrg

Jump to solution

I just discovered I have been getting charged monthly since July 2021. I have no subscription! I stopped payment through my bank but I'm upset about the 2 YEARS of charges! I logged on to the account to see my history and got charge $5.99! This is ridiculous!

SBT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here, there is NO WAY to contact anyone and the chat is NOT a live person. I sent screenshots of bank withdrawals and EVERYTHING that was asked, nothing!! Had to have my bank cancel my card and issue new one, my bank also reimbursed me for the five months of charges, but still, I will NEVER sign with anything affiliated with NBC and now I make sure that I can speak to a live person BEFORE I sign up for any streaming service 

0 Kudos
mj7484

Jump to solution

We did not sign up for Roku peacock. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @mj7484,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your unrecognized charge with Peacock. We're pleased to assist.

If you find charges you don’t recognize on your Roku® account or payment method or other charge that you want to dispute, try the following before contacting Roku Customer Support.

Confirm that your subscription is managed through Roku and not through another provider. Roku never charges for a Roku account or for customer support services.

Determine whether the subscription is managed by Roku

On your billing statement, check how the charges appear. All transactions from Roku will appear on your billing statement as “Roku,” “Roku for <app/provider>,” or "The Roku Channel."

If “Roku,” “Roku for,” or "The Roku Channel" is not referenced, it’s not a charge from Roku. For more information about a charge that didn’t come from Roku, contact your bank or card issuer.

Some subscriptions are managed directly by other streaming service providers (such as Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, and Sling) and not by Roku. You must reach out to that service provider directly with any billing questions. If you need to contact the service provider about a subscription, you can use our list of channel providers’ support websites.

You can check whether a subscription is managed by Roku by checking in your Roku account, on your Roku streaming device, in the Roku mobile app, or on your bank statement. Transactions from Roku will appear from either “Roku," "Roku for <Channel Partner>,” or "The Roku Channel" in your Roku purchase history as well as in your banking statement. If “Roku," “Roku for <Channel Partner>,” or "The Roku Channel" is not referenced, it’s not a charge from Roku.

On the Roku website:

1. Sign in to my.roku.com and go to My subscriptions
  2. This page shows your subscriptions managed by Roku and options to either update them or turn off auto-renew to cancel them

On your Roku streaming device:

1. Press the Home  button  on your Roku remote
  2. To find options to manage your subscription, you can do so in one of the following ways:
  • From the Home screen
    • Use the arrow buttons on your remote to hover over and highlight the app that you want more information about
    • Press the Star 

button  on your remote
    • Once you’ve accessed options, select Manage Subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options

If there’s a subscription you don’t recognize, it’s a good idea to review your purchase history to determine what the charge could be, such as:

• A charge from a free trial for a streaming subscription service that you didn’t cancel. Free streaming subscription trials automatically turn into paid subscriptions that are billed on a recurring basis. To avoid being charged for a subscription, you must cancel your subscription on or before the last day of the free trial period. If the charge is for a subscription that you no longer want, you can cancel the subscription to prevent future charges.
  • A family member or roommate who shares your Roku device made a purchase without your knowledge. If you share your Roku device with others, you may want to create a PIN to protect against unauthorized purchases in the future.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos