Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dupped
Binge Watcher

Billed ofr Discovery on 1st day of 30 day free trail

As a new Roku customer I was promised 30 days free discovery plus. I signed up Feb 28th was billed March 1st for 1 month. so much for free 30 days Agent support on Roku does not load so therefore there is ZERO AGENT SUPPORT. ROKU clearly does NOT honour offers and CHARGES in advance without even a free trial. Even discovery offers 7 days. I went thru Roku and followed the ' 3 easy steps'  yet offer not honoured I was charged on my credit card. I will be sure to inform everyone I know of this as they add insult to injury by not making it possible to resolve.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Billed ofr Discovery on 1st day of 30 day free trail

Is this the offer?

https://www.roku.com/blog/discovery-plus-promo#!

The one thing I notice is that the Roku had to be activated before January 29th.  The link to the full terms no longer works.  With Roku offers you really have to read the fine print or you'll find that you're immediately charged when you weren't expecting it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dupped
Binge Watcher

Hi yes, that's the one.

I activated my Roku device and followed instructions to activate Discovery+

(on Feb 28th)

On March 1st my credit card was charged. (Billed in full, non pending) so I know its not a hold.

The support link to get in touch with an agent does not work ...ever (Tried multiple times with different browsers, refreshed page, signed in & out)

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Dupped 

Thanks for the post. 

We recently had a service interruption that impacted web traffic to roku.com. Since the issue is now resolved, we suggest you try contacting our Accounts & Billing team through this link. You can also try using a different device to see if that will make a difference.

Let us know how it goes

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dupped
Binge Watcher

I activated it Jan 28th

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dupped,

Thanks for reaching back.

We understand your concern that you are inquiring about a charge during a promotion. We apologized for any inconvenience this has caused.

As mentioned in the post above for these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly at the Roku Support page and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We thank you for your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dupped
Binge Watcher

Hi Mary. Thank you for your suggestion. As stated, the support page link does not work. I have tried multiple browsers and devices.

0 Kudos
KMW
Binge Watcher

ACORN is the same way!!!  Roku has changed the ability to see anything on Manage Your Account. I am so mad.  This happened to Acorn 2 years ago, but I fell for it again.