Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick10
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4K stopped working suddenly

Jump to solution

I’m still having the same issue. I have power going to the stick and it is on and shows a Roku image and then goes back to no signal.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Patrick10,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV:

1. You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV
    • You must select the input (sometimes referred to as source) that matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.
  2. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, then make sure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  3. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. Enable CEC or disable auto power savings
    • If you do not see a picture after pressing a button on your Roku remote, it is possible that your player cannot "wake up" your TV over the HDMI connection. To fix this, make sure that HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV. If you prefer your player never enters the low power mode, you can disable auto power savings.
  5. There is a problem with the USB power adaptor, or the adaptor does not meet requirements
    • It is possible your Roku player is not receiving enough power, even if the power light is on. This happens sometimes if you connect your Roku player through a third-party device with a USB/AC power adaptor that does not meet more recent USB standards. Try a different power adaptor or try plugging your Roku player directly into a power source. For more information, learn what to do if the red light is flashing or you see a "low-power" warning.
  6. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

For more information, check out this link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV

Let us know how it goes this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
SSEA74

Re: streaming stick has no signal

Jump to solution

Hey I’m haythe same issues with this Roku stick but I had bought a new one that is working fine. But I would like to use this stick for our other TV. Please help! Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SSEA74,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku streaming stick. We're happy to assist you. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that @RokuJechealR provided above? If not, please try.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
byrnze

Jump to solution

I have several Roku's, and 1 of them (the streaming stick) will not respond or pair to the remote even after changing the batteries. I have tried other remotes and multiple TVs. The stick loads and then goes to the pairing screen and is stuck because it will not recognize the remote. I even tried to pair the stick with a remote that I know works with my other stick. 

Serial #: CT3821292061

thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @byrnze

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered with your Roku Streaming Stick not working properly. We would recommend performing a complete restart of your Roku device as a workaround to resolve this issue. Please be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku TV and resets it to a factory default state. After you complete a factory reset, you need to set up and configure your Roku device again including the following: Perform the Guided Setup and activation process.

1. Press the Home button. on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

After performing this, kindly check if you're still seeing the same issue.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
byrnze

Jump to solution

I am unable to even get to the home settings. When the stick powers up, it gets stuck on the remote pairing step. I have tried pairing multiple remotes and the same thing happens. I have tried holding down the reset button the stick as well. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @byrnze

We appreciate your efforts in the attempts to resolve the issue you've encountered. We've sent you a Private Message regarding this in our effort to help you further. Kindly check your inbox in the top right corner of your web browser with the "mail" icon since we've reached you from there.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Joeydrewstudis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This happened to me too

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Joeydrewstudis

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we would be more than glad to assist. For us to better understand the issue, could you please provide the following details:

• What specific Roku device you are having issues with?
  • The specific behavior that the issue is showing?
  • When did you first encounter the issue?
  • Troubleshooting steps performed?

With more details, the better we can understand the issue and assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.