Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihatetech13
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4K stopped working suddenly

Jump to solution

This just suddenly happened with our streaming stick 4k this evening. We’ve had this device for about a year, plugged in and connected with no issues. Suddenly we get an error screen saying our Roku device has no power and needs to be plugged in. I’ve checked the connections. If i wiggle the cords it connects for a second and i can see the home screen and then back to no power warning screen or just black screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ihatetech13,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your problem in powering your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. How are you powering your Roku device? Have you tried changing the cords? In the meantime, please try the troubleshooting steps in this support article by checking out this support article on what to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ihatetech13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The power cord is the one that came with the device. We bought it at Best Buy about a year ago. It’s plugged directly into the wall. 
I can tell that the issue is the power cord connection to the stick. If it’s held in exactly the right position, it works. But if it’s left to hang or it’s moved the tiniest bit, the no power/no connection error messages comes on and the stick stops working. Obviously the usb cord or the stick or both need replacing. 
I’m super disappointed that i need to replace equipment only one year after purchasing it. I will not be buying a roku stick ever again and will warn others not to buy it either. Very disappointed with the quality of this equipment. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ihatetech13,

We appreciate the update!

Have you attempted using several power cords and then tried it again to see if it helped?

Kindly update us!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Dubuquerp4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bought my Roku Stick last February 2023 and used it this morning. Now kilt has stopped working. Tried different hdmi, different power cord, different batteries, unplugged it for 30 minutes, nothing. The remote works, turns TV on off and volume. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Roku Express 4K stopped working suddenly

Jump to solution

Hi @Dubuquerp4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku Express 4K. Kindly check out this support article on what to do if your Roku streaming player does not power on, and make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps provided.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Dubuquerp4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Found the issue and fixed it.

Thank you

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dubuquerp4,

Thanks for the update!

We're glad to hear that this has been addressed, and we appreciate your effort. Feel free to get back here if there's anything else that we can do to further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Patrick10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

my Roku stick has power going to it (light is on) and we get a Roku message on our tv for about 30 seconds, after we that we see a no signal message. We’ve tried resetting the stick multiple times, tried different tv and we still have the same outcome.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Patrick10,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in this article on what to do if your Roku streaming player does not power on?

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.