Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hooverman45
Reel Rookie

Wifi dropping intermiittently on Ruko 3820 4K stick

Jump to solution

Hi Ive recently purchased a Ruko 4K stick model 3820 to replace a Ruko express which was working perfectly, and recently it has started to disconnect from the wifi intermitently when it does disconnect Ive noticed the light on the stick starts to flash then after awhile the wifi comes back and back comes the picture ,Ive read on these forums it seems a common issue, Ive changed to wifi from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz ,Ive done a restart ,powered down the router and restarted,it happens mainly on channel 4 and now tv apps in UK and the fault code i had on channel 4 was  fault code 078 , Im getting at least 25mb at the Ruko stickI was so happy with my basic Ruko express, Is there any I have not tried which will rectify this issue

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hooverman45
Reel Rookie

Re: Wifi dropping intermiittently on Ruko 3820 4K stick

Jump to solution

fingers crossed Ive tried 2 things, 1st was to change the wifi channel ,the 2nd was to move the Ruko stick to another HDMI port so it was not in contact with any of the other wiring as the wifi for the stick is external ,I was concerned that the other HDMI's might have an influence on the stick,I already had an extension HDMI adapter so after moving the Ruko stick it was easier to push the wifi adapter in the supply cable to the stick away from any electrical/wifi source,And so far so good my Ruko stick has been on for a number of hours during the day without any breakdown

so thanks for the suggestions hopefully they have worked

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @hooverman45,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out to us about your connectivity issue. We're pleased to assist.

• How far is your Roku device from your router?
  • Have you tried changing your wireless network channel?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuArjiemar  beat me to it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hooverman45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks for the info my router is approx 12 feet from the stick on the tv ,ive fitted the extension hdmi adapter to the stick supplied by Ruko ,unfortunately Ive got a dumb phone and unable to set up a hotspot,but I will tomorrow change the wifi channel to see i that makes a difference

0 Kudos
hooverman45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

fingers crossed Ive tried 2 things, 1st was to change the wifi channel ,the 2nd was to move the Ruko stick to another HDMI port so it was not in contact with any of the other wiring as the wifi for the stick is external ,I was concerned that the other HDMI's might have an influence on the stick,I already had an extension HDMI adapter so after moving the Ruko stick it was easier to push the wifi adapter in the supply cable to the stick away from any electrical/wifi source,And so far so good my Ruko stick has been on for a number of hours during the day without any breakdown

so thanks for the suggestions hopefully they have worked

0 Kudos